Jump to content

A quick run out on a new permission. Woodpigeon and Corvid control.


Recommended Posts

Apologies to PW and Cranfield for removing this link last week. As the stubble is now being ploughed in, I feel like it is "safe" to share this.

A couple of hours our with the 1963 B25 A1 - new to me but I really do appreciate the quality of the hand built browning shotguns, regardless of age. The total bag was 20 woodpigeons and 18 mixed corvids.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice video and a half decent bag, well done.

Your position tight in the corner of two hedgerows is something I try to avoid, first I always find the birds reluctant to come in close and secondly you have two hedgerows to lose birds over, having said that you took some nice long birds, what cartridges were you using?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, old'un said:

Nice video and a half decent bag, well done.

Your position tight in the corner of two hedgerows is something I try to avoid, first I always find the birds reluctant to come in close and secondly you have two hedgerows to lose birds over, having said that you took some nice long birds, what cartridges were you using?

Thanks for the tip. Always appreciated.  I'm using a Spanish cartridge- 28g Saga Export Fibre Wad 7s. They hit well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep, I use fiocchi 28g 7.5 felt wad on pigeons and blacks and I am often surprised at the range they kill at.

Saying that about being tight in the corner of two hedgerows, how did you find the birds decoyed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, old'un said:

Yep, I use fiocchi 28g 7.5 felt wad on pigeons and blacks and I am often surprised at the range they kill at.

Saying that about being tight in the corner of two hedgerows, how did you find the birds decoyed?

No problem. I was under a flight line and put up birds when arrived. That's why I set up there. I'm just home from the same field- I met the plough as I left. I had initially set up under a flight line on the opposite side of the field but that dried up with 14 birds shot. I upped and moved to the same spot as this video, and managed to bag a total of 60.

Strange.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 06/08/2022 at 11:43, Big Al said:

Apologies to PW and Cranfield for removing this link last week. As the stubble is now being ploughed in, I feel like it is "safe" to share this.

A couple of hours our with the 1963 B25 A1 - new to me but I really do appreciate the quality of the hand built browning shotguns, regardless of age. The total bag was 20 woodpigeons and 18 mixed corvids.

 

 

Great video Big Al nice to see your getting on well with the B25 I take it you’ll be using it at the lough lovely gun 👍👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

Great video Big Al nice to see your getting on well with the B25 I take it you’ll be using it at the lough lovely gun 👍👍

Thanks Gerry. I will have buy other cartridges for it on the shore. My 3" Mammoth loads cant be used. I will get something 2 3/4"  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...