New Member from Edinburgh

Speycaster

Hi Folks,

Thanks to the admins for letting me join!

Been wanting to take up shooting since I was a 12 y.o. growing up in Malaysia, and finally some 15 years later I am finally in the position to do so. Have my home visit/interview tomorrow morning and crossing fingers it all goes well. 

Have my eye on a nice Browning B525 for a first gun and planning to probably shoot most of the time down at Bisley near Selkirk for their sporting layout and Morton near Livingston for skeet :)

I started fishing (salmon) last year too and looking forward to spending weekends alternating between the range and the Tay :) 

Cheers,

Chris

Cheers guys!

Good news, home visit went well and I've been told to expect my licence by the end of the month, hopefully sooner! (Apparently the admin staff are still mostly working from home, which means they're not prioritising issuing grants?)

As part of the process, the FEO recommended I do the Cluny safe shooting scheme. I don't think I quite shot all their stands, but certainly felt like Bisley just has a much bigger variety? Not to say that Cluny doesn't have a good selection of targets, but that Bisley just simply has more.

Cluny will however be the first range I'll shoot my own gun at though, deposit is now down on a S/H 525 with adjustable comb with Cluny Country and would feel a pity if I did just head straight to the range 😅 Really liked the extra weight on the 525 over the beretta SPs I've used on all my lessons. Was swithering over it as I'm a leftie and the browning is cast for R/H, but the adjustable comb and minimal cast meant 5 mins with Robbie and it feels like the gun is perfect for me. They had a L/H beretta too which made it that much harder of a decision!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...