Laptop Question

billytheghillie

i had one like yours so bought a new one,yes you can put it all over my son came round and put it all, over to the new one he some thing you plug it to the old one take it off then plug it into the new one,and it all comes off to the new one,he had a 2 year course on them,so he new how to do it,i could not do it with him,he is now putting a new screen on my gransons.as the granson broke his,with out him i would be lost, hope that helps.

Edited by mossy835

Your browser will let you "export" the bookmark list to a file.  You can then copy that file to a memory stick, the cloud or wherever.  Then on thje new laptop "import" the bookmarks into the browser on the new laptop.  This is for Firefox

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/export-firefox-bookmarks-to-backup-or-transfer

but Google will show a similar procedure for other browsers.

Install Firefox on old laptop (if you are not using already you should be), open an account,  import bookmarks and passwords from any other browser you are using and back up bookmarks and passwords.

On new laptop install firefox, access your account and synch bookmarks and passwords... Job done

I have Firefox on laptops and phone and bookmarks and passwords synched between all 3.

Edited by Stonepark