After market rifle stocks.

contrysports

You are right about Boyd’s being the best option. Their laminate rifle stocks are virtuality indestructable and impartial to rain and moisture. They don’t swell or bend. They do tend to be a bit heavy because of the dense laminate they are cut out of but I like that. My Howa 1500 in .30-06 with a pepper colour classic style laminate is easy on the shoulder. I bought the gun with a Bell&Carlson synthetic spider web stock and replaced that for a Boyd’s later on. The Boyd’s is much stiffer and a better fit to the barrel and action.

I ordered a left handed feather weight thumb hole stock for my Mauser M18. All in with postage was about £250 but I paid extra for a longer length of pull. You can do a stock build on their website , postage is usually $70, then just convert it into pounds sterling.

I am really happy with the look of it ( colour is shady camo) and the weight isn’t too much heavier that the standard synthetic stock. The one great advantage is the stiffness and comfortable shooting position it offers over a standard spotter synthetic stock. 

The service and product is good but we warned that you will probably have to finish the inlet off yourself. I channeled  mine with simple tools and used a bit of devcon to bed it for good measure , pretty simple job though.

Edited by Whitester

Can anyone help explain how to measure the barrel contour dimensions? I’m getting no help off Boyd’s themselves after multiple emails telling me the same thing and I’m not understanding it. 

I’ve sent them the following email and photos but I’m not sure what they mean with the 15/64” and 3/4”… 

thanks!22822460-B7DC-46BD-9400-96A2E5DE1F97.jpeg.1994d43db184cfc0dba63c050eadd47d.jpeg

50A926EB-659C-4862-A5F4-5E0568952CB1.jpeg

692D1284-AC7E-45FA-BF64-1E64302C7220.jpeg