Dave-G

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 31/12/2022 at 01:07, Dave-G said:

Might it be wrong to just wonder if China knowingly allows its people to carry the cost of treatment away from them whilst also causing many other countries to incur that 'equalising' cost - financial and human life.

This. Always was IMHO. A trial run to see how far and how quickly this biological weapon...for that is what it is...would travel.

The next time, or maybe never, what China releases will be far more lethal. Warfare by other means.

Conspiracy? Tin Foil Hat time?

It's been done before, Seeding and then allowing a disease to spread in the "interest" of tracking the course or evolution of it.

Edited by enfieldspares

3 hours ago, tweedledee said:

worth a watch

For what reason?

1 hour ago, ordnance said:

Not a great source, well know right wing conspiracy site.

What a surprise 😲 

16 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

This. Always was IMHO. A trial run to see how far and how quickly this biological weapon...for that is what it is...would travel.

The next time, or maybe never, what China releases will be far more lethal. Warfare by other means.

Conspiracy? Tin Foil Hat time?

It's been done before, Seeding and then allowing a disease to spread in the "interest" of tracking the course or evolution of it.

Test an NBC weapon to see how it works then do the same with something more deadly. Well how will that work as it would need to be done the same/similar way with the same/similar virus otherwise it would not work the same way. If it was to see if it would work then the same applies or you get a different outcome. Finally why seed your own people?

🤪 

1 hour ago, enfieldspares said:

Not a different virus from covid. Just a more lethal variant.

Why seed your own people?

Google the Tuskegee Study. 

If its more lethal then it behaves differently, this changes things so that the outcome is different. 

Syphilis? Really, what does that have in common with a virus that is spread by airborne particulates? 

28 minutes ago, henry d said:

Syphilis? Really, what does that have in common with a virus that is spread by airborne particulates? 

Why seed you own people is what you asked? What I answered with is an example of it having been done before. I assume because by seeding your own people you know the three fundamental questions of when the experiment started to within the minute, the exact "ground irzero" and with how many subjects. To totalitarian regimes their own people being so cruelly used are mere collateral damage. Stalin killed 100,000 when he blew the Dnieper Dam, North Korea sees it people starve whilst spending billions on nuclear missiles and the Chinese Commmunist Party is still today little different from Mao's drive for steel or war on the birds. We shall have to disagree SCULLY. But as Sherlock Holmes said when you eliminate the impossible that which remains however improbable must be the truth.

Edited by enfieldspares

9 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

...But as Sherlock Holmes said when you eliminate the impossible that which remains however improbable must be the truth

So you are saying that it is impossible for a virus to jump the species gap? That it is impossible to have occurred naturally and spread naturally?

Ground zero and/or patient zero gives a certain gravitas to the conversation but is part of the conspiracy theorists arsenal of "power words" which gives them a sense of being correct and can assign blame towards a nefarious regime, in this case the Chinese government. Scientists don't tend to go that route as it assumes that the first patient is symptomatic and needs medical treatment, it removes the possibility that several people can catch the same virus at the same time but not display symptoms at the same time which destroys contact tracing time lines. Best guesses are the only way we can know who was the first person to be positively identified as the first case but probably is not the person that was the very first to be infected. 

By saying the Chinese government deliberately infected their own people just because it has happened before elsewhere is just a  bad argument and if you look at your answer it works backwards C=B+A and you even say it is an assumption and then add in other regimes to bolster your theory. 

What difference does it make? There's little point shutting the stable door, the horse has already bolted.

Anyway, most of the population have had their jab now so it's fine. Just keep lapping up those boosters. It's been a funny old game this. What a social experiment! Even though it wasn't intentional, I've learned a lot about my friends and people in general.

11 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

We shall have to disagree SCULLY. But as Sherlock Holmes said when you eliminate the impossible that which remains however improbable must be the truth.

That’s fine, but about what? 
Sherlock Holmes is a fictional character, but even so, who has eliminated the impossible? 

45 minutes ago, njc110381 said:

What a social experiment! Even though it wasn't intentional, I've learned a lot about my friends and people in general.

Yes it has been interesting. 

During our (my wife and I) walks in the lock down periods we often passed a Chinese couple who kept their distance and didn't make eye contact we chatted about them and decided to see if we could engage them in some way. Eventually they started to raise a hand in reply to our greetings, then eye contact, and eventually a "hello". Funniest of all was hearing him singing something in his first language at the top of his voice out of sight around the bend of the river and instantly stopping singing when he spotted us!

3 minutes ago, henry d said:

During our (my wife and I) walks in the lock down periods we often passed a Chinese couple who kept their distance and didn't make eye contact

I wouldn't have wanted to be Chinese back then! Too many folk about who were looking to blame someone for their problems. Some of them even made up problems that didn't exist - non vaccinated people being a danger to the public was a priceless claim, made by the government themselves! Go for a walk but don't carry a rifle or a golf club because it increases the risk of spreading it as well as there being a tiny chance that you might have some fun. Wear a mask to keep safe but no visiting dying relatives in hospital because a mask doesn't keep you safe, or was it because you might take covid into a ward that already had covid or take covid out of a ward that caught covid from outside?!... Oh the stupidity! I'd like to say that I'm glad it's over, but I think it's only the beginning.

23 hours ago, henry d said:

Come on Dave, have a word with yourself. If China did that, how has it worked out for them? (And if it's a secret how come you know?)

I've reviewed this thread and cannot see where I may have led you to feel I suggested China may have deliberately engineered or released the Covid 19 virus unto themselves. Looking back -  I can't see where the seeding comment/suggestion started.

My thoughts are that after an accidental/unfortunate release (regardless of who was to blame) the secretive CCP hushed up the damage that was unfolding, then subsequently exploited the accident to people around the world before declaring their crisis.

I'm still not sure I'm expressing myself as well as some can but this seems to be the best I can do till better words come to me. Perhaps my wording caused you to think it was a deliberate lab release.

On 01/01/2023 at 13:22, henry d said:

Come on Dave, have a word with yourself. If China did that, how has it worked out for them? (And if it's a secret how come you know?)

Ah OK thanks.

That seems to be a response to the twisting of the topic that you may think I was implying - which is not what I was suggesting. My suspicions are it was the aftermath that was exploited.

Edited by Dave-G

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

My thoughts are that after an accidental/unfortunate release (regardless of who was to blame) the secretive CCP hushed up the damage that was unfolding, then subsequently exploited the accident to people around the world before declaring their crisis.

Yes. That is my thought. Either done deliberately or done by accident and then someone said "Lets see where this hare will run."

4 hours ago, ordnance said:

And they got on with their lives as best they could, there are no restrictions now.

Assuming you went along with their demands. Plenty of people are still somewhat restricted. There was a point when I was told that I couldn't go to work, alone, in the middle of nowhere. My earnings suffered, a lot of people were worse off than me, some lost everything and topped themselves because "getting on with their lives as best they could" didn't seem like a viable option. All over a fancy cold!

21 hours ago, njc110381 said:

Assuming you went along with their demands. Plenty of people are still somewhat restricted. There was a point when I was told that I couldn't go to work, alone, in the middle of nowhere. My earnings suffered, a lot of people were worse off than me, some lost everything and topped themselves because "getting on with their lives as best they could" didn't seem like a viable option. All over a fancy cold!

That was then this is now, there are no restrictions now.