Turner Richard’s dummy launcher.

holloway

1 hour ago, London Best said:

No. I didn’t see it, but was told it was about 5 yards from him and the hard rubber dummy hit it in the face.

funny you should say that......i know i tell stories....but Marshman should confirm this story.......

on Cobholm Island ..where Marshman and ...later ...i lived...it was full of wildfowlers....and out on the Breydon flashes  lived a "dog person"...use that term very loosly lived a bloke called Billy Frosdick....who used to hold gun dog training classes on the Breydon water marshes........Billy used a Turner richards dummy launcher......one session he was taking....apparently he was holding it near his chest and mistakenly..(i dont know how ..slipperyfingers or the like)....it went off and the dummy hit him under the jaw and broke his jaw bone...........which put him out of action for several weeks....which really hacked him off ..as i took over his picking up on the Strumpshaw estate....and kept it for 5 years...

Frosdick was not a nice person...he slighted me on several occasions...but finally i had got my own back :lol:

39 minutes ago, ditchman said:

funny you should say that......i know i tell stories....but Marshman should confirm this story.......

on Cobholm Island ..where Marshman and ...later ...i lived...it was full of wildfowlers....and out on the Breydon flashes  lived a "dog person"...use that term very loosly lived a bloke called Billy Frosdick....who used to hold gun dog training classes on the Breydon water marshes........Billy used a Turner richards dummy launcher......one session he was taking....apparently he was holding it near his chest and mistakenly..(i dont know how ..slipperyfingers or the like)....it went off and the dummy hit him under the jaw and broke his jaw bone...........which put him out of action for several weeks....which really hacked him off ..as i took over his picking up on the Strumpshaw estate....and kept it for 5 years...

Frosdick was not a nice person...he slighted me on several occasions...but finally i had got my own back 

Great stuff!