Kids fishing trip (NZ)

Houseplant

Finally got around to a long overdue kids fishing trip promised a while ago. Our most common and prized sporting species, snapper come in to the harbours at this time of year, so it's a bit of a slaughter to be honest, but a good opportunity for the young ones to experience catching a decent fish. Technique is basically shallow water bait fishing. Fish start biting once the tide starts running. Lots of excitement with just seconds between bites. Everyone caught a "legal" fish and got to take their dinner home.

1-2.jpg
2-2.jpg
2a-2.jpg
4-2.jpg
5-2.jpg
6-2.jpg
7-2.jpg
8-2.jpg
9-2.jpg
10-2.jpg

Lovely to see the enjoyment in the kids faces (and yours) and what a great place for you and the kids live, I can smell and taste that plate of battered fish from here, I presume they make good eating?

Thanks for posting, and what a nice finish to my day. :good:

Thanks for the comments. Snapper are a great eating fish with white fillets. Same family as sea bream in the UK, but grow much bigger. 

I'm not in the photos, that was my mate. Between skippering, rigging rods, baiting hooks, unhooking fish and photography, I didn't have any time to be in front of the camera. It was a busy day!