Cleaning!!

discobob

She has done it - she has cleaned my office - except her cleaning involves shoving things that she has no idea of away - so when you go "where did you put this" she has absolutely no idea - so there is a set of sim racing pedals now that have the nuts on the potentiometers missing - amongst other things. To me cleaning and tidying are two different activities. If stuff is left somewhere there is a reason for it or else it will go in the bin.

Right - I am going to clean the living room - lets see if she will find where I put all the ornaments...

36 minutes ago, discobob said:

She has done it - she has cleaned my office - except her cleaning involves shoving things that she has no idea of away - so when you go "where did you put this" she has absolutely no idea - so there is a set of sim racing pedals now that have the nuts on the potentiometers missing - amongst other things. To me cleaning and tidying are two different activities. If stuff is left somewhere there is a reason for it or else it will go in the bin.

Right - I am going to clean the living room - lets see if she will find where I put all the ornaments...

I feel your pain.

Mine is well warned not to attempt cleaning my hobby room\office......

I don't know if i'm lucky or not, 

Mrs D has no idea what cleaning is, the only time the vacuum comes out is when your footsteps make footprints in the dust. I have no problems loosing stuff, but i do have problems finding stuff, 

Like a pair of her glasses that she had lost months previously and been replaced with a pair from Poundland or wherever. Once found i highlight the find much like finding a million pound loto ticket and she's amazed that she'd been sitting on it all that time. 

3 hours ago, discobob said:

Happens all the time here….😡

Even worse as I’m away so much that on my return I’m lucky if I can remember where I placed things, yet alone when she can’t remember where her cleaning exploits have relocated stuff! 

In the garage , shed and loft if i want something i can go right to it and put my hand on it In my spare room (i call it the shooting room to annoy her ) after she's been in there i don't have a chance of finding it . Them she came out with a cracker leave any stuff laying about and you wont find them so now i even lift my beswick and border fine art ornaments and dust under them myself 

Don't get me started on the garage - worse thing I ever done was buy a house with an integral garage that is accessible from the kitchen... I go to start a job and find it in a mess from SWMBO opening the door and dumping stuff in there wherever. Although I do put my hands up to not putting things away but this is primarily when I am the middle of something- that that something may take weeks to do is another matter :whistling:

I got the attic sorted last year - another bad move was getting a loft ladder/hatch put in - she could have stuff shoved away within 30 seconds and be out of sight. It came to a head when we were expecting a Sky Engineer and he might have needed access up there and I went up - as far as I could - as it was full. There was quite a few runs to the tip after that.