Rishi Sunak a star is born

oowee

We shall see what the details of the agreement are, but we should be grateful to Rishi and the EU that people in this part of the UK will be able to get the same medicines at the same time as in the rest of the UK, we won't have to get our dogs rabies vaccine and pet passport to take them to another part of the UK, we will be able to get goods from another part of the UK with less border checks. We should get down on our knees and thank the EU for being so reasonable and generous and Rishi for getting a great deal :rolleyes:

Edited by ordnance

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 01/03/2023 at 10:09, Walker570 said:

Spot on. Which ever bunch of the present lot get in then we are doomed and at my age I just get up every morning check the weather and go enjoy myself...hope you do too.

The only common sense policy. IMHO.

On 01/03/2023 at 11:30, udderlyoffroad said:

You presumably were happy with CE marked products from the EU and elsewhere prior to Brexit?

Good grief, are you being deliberately obtuse?

The fact that we had an imcompetent, botched, undermined-at-every-opportunity-by-a-hardcore-remain-civil-service Brexit is not somehow the fault of Brexit as a concept.  Nobody voted for a poorly-delivered Brexit.  Certain organisations ensured that's what we got, however, even to the point of self-harm.

Not this one again: The ability to determine our own legislative priorities and implement them as we see fit, by people we can hold accountable at the ballot box.

No accountability at the ballot box, just an illusion. They are all seemingly connsumate liars doing OK in the scheme of things?

One thing I have heard is they are starting to offload a lot of the responsibility of things to unelected 3rd parties, this way they have cop out - It wasn't us Guv'nor, not our responsibility.

They are saying it is for consistency across different parliament periods - always sounds nice doesn't it?

23 hours ago, Rem260 said:

I wonder how much tax has been collected from people in the North and South from just nipping over the border to purchase goods? Who is collecting these taxes. Don't hear anyone complaining about it.

There aint no border,

Hasnt been for years,

Its one going back up which is what this whole shebang is about,

if you were born in n.i in the past 20 or so years you have the automatic right of Irish, and thus e.u citizenship if wanted,

A tricky problem which will drag on years and cost millions when the obvious solution is staring all straight in the face,

3 hours ago, janner said:

There aint no border,

Hasnt been for years,

Its one going back up which is what this whole shebang is about,

if you were born in n.i in the past 20 or so years you have the automatic right of Irish, and thus e.u citizenship if wanted,

A tricky problem which will drag on years and cost millions when the obvious solution is staring all straight in the face,

If there is no border in relation to taxes and such then surely the simple solution is for a United Ireland. I have never understood dual nationality. It shows an allegiance to neither or lack of loyalty by jumping ship if so desired.

2 hours ago, Rem260 said:

If there is no border in relation to taxes and such then surely the simple solution is for a United Ireland. I have never understood dual nationality. It shows an allegiance to neither or lack of loyalty by jumping ship if so desired.

Simple solution a United Ireland 😂😂