Snow ?

islandgun

1 minute ago, Jonty said:

We got a good covering here in the dales yesterday, but some of the drifts on the smaller lanes and roads are pretty spectacular

Snow 3.jpg

Snow 1.jpg

Snow 2.jpg

are you far from Catterick as that hill has just brought back some memories? I am on about cross country tabbing distances - about 12 miles if I remember right

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Jonty said:

We got a good covering here in the dales yesterday, but some of the drifts on the smaller lanes and roads are pretty spectacular

Snow 3.jpg

Snow 1.jpg

Snow 2.jpg

That bottom photo brought back memories of having to trudge to school in similar conditions as a 5 year-old when we lived in a Pennine village. In an attempt to avoid the drifts, I climbed and skipped along the drystone wall, urging my 9 year-old brother to do the same. Unfortunately, there was a hidden gap for a stile, which I promptly plunged into. Elder brother dug me out.

39 minutes ago, discobob said:

are you far from Catterick as that hill has just brought back some memories? I am on about cross country tabbing distances - about 12 miles if I remember right

I'm the other side of the Dales Bob, close to Settle.  Spent a lot of time at the garrison though in my teens as a cadet.

22 minutes ago, amateur said:

That bottom photo brought back memories of having to trudge to school in similar conditions as a 5 year-old when we lived in a Pennine village. In an attempt to avoid the drifts, I climbed and skipped along the drystone wall, urging my 9 year-old brother to do the same. Unfortunately, there was a hidden gap for a stile, which I promptly plunged into. Elder brother dug me out.

Brilliant!!

18 hours ago, ditchman said:

jeesus how many cameras do you have ....where the **** do you live Belfast........minefield/trip wires/claymore's.bungy sticks......

I take my families security seriously, more fool the muppet that trys to get in. Yes to trip hazards but unfortunately fired my last claymore around 94 when some junky tried to take my then new Volvo. Poison darts  gin traps and two dogs are about the best I can manage now🤣 but that's only if they get past the barbed wire and swim the moat before tackling the electric  fence.