Freelander 2 rear wheels not spinning

rayo

Got my freelander 2 stuck today in a field because for some reason only the front wheels were spinning. No fault signs came up. I tried all the settings mud ruts /snow/sand& grass . I'm taking it to a 4wd garage tomorrow to hopefully finf out what's gone wrong. I've had the car 14 months without any problems. Ah well my luck was bound to run out at some point 😢

2 hours ago, wymberley said:

My profuse apologies in advance if t'net has mislead me regarding the FL2 4x4 - had to look as don't have a clue - I drive a Yeti. Assuming I'm right, have a look at the service history and see when the Haldex oil and filter were last changed.

You are absolutely right about servicing the Haldex. It's probably not going to be on the service schedule though since LR in their wisdom don't have it on there. Beggars belief I know 😂

29 minutes ago, malmick said:

You are absolutely right about servicing the Haldex. It's probably not going to be on the service schedule though since LR in their wisdom don't have it on there. Beggars belief I know 😂

Spent most of my adult life bathing in OM15 or similar. Oil change is in the Yeti schedule but no mention of the filter. As ever, the lack of servicing will be a bonus for the repair shop sooner or later.

Haldex - unfortunately the service recommendations for Haldex seem to suggest that just changing the oil is enough when in the real world the Haldex pump needs removing and its internal filter gauze cleaning - what has a tendency to happen is that the gauze gets clogged by clutch plate debris and then the pump fails.   This company are pretty useful (though closed until 27th March) https://www.haldexrepairs.co.uk/

Attached a picture of a pump removed showing the filter screen...

IMG-20191108-WA0003.jpg