Semi auto 3 shot layouts

Hi all, I quite enjoy the extra layer that a third bird adds to a stand. I've compiled a list of semi auto shoots where the layout is based on 3 shots but if anyone knows of any more, I'd like to know.

Semi Auto Masters - Barbury - April

Benelli Sp'auto - also Barbury - May

Browning Maxus Masters - Ashcombe - May

Orston semi auto shoot - June

Promatic auto shoot - Hepworth Hall - September 

Sywell - Northampton shooting ground - October

Have I missed any? 

Thank you for posting that. Not that I will be going to any, or at least not immediately. I've just acquired this and tried it only yesterday. An nice 1960's Auto-5. Except not in 12 gauge but 16 gauge. Holt's £190 including buyer's premium. Works too! And compared side by side with the Auto-5 in 12 gauge that I already have it is not only a thinner receiver but also a slight shorter receiver. 

B16a.jpg

Edited by enfieldspares

32 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Thank you for posting that. Not that I will be going to any, or at least not immediately. I've just acquired this and tried it only yesterday. An nice 1960's Auto-5. Except not in 12 gauge but 16 gauge. Holt's £190 including buyer's premium. Works too! And compared side by side with the Auto-5 in 12 gauge that I already have it is not only a thinner receiver but also a slight shorter receiver. 

B16a.jpg

Sweet 16. Always wanted one. I was using my a300 at Braces clay ground Bristol last week. Shooting the birds and any bits left flying and got told to keep to just two shots 😁 Practicing for Africa less that two weeks to go now. 

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Sweet 16.

Ah well. Not quite. The Sweet Sixteen was the 16 gauge equivalent of the Light 12 in these guns. With various drillings, millings and borings to remove metal and wood. And I din't know that either! I thought it was a generic term for all the 16 gauge Auto-5 guns. Seems not as said.

This one, I have, is the standard 16 not the Sweet Sixteen. Thirty plus years ago I had one of the earlier ones (without the Speedload as has this 1960s one) and the safe in front of the trigger on s1 for flocking birds (seagulls) in my pond. This one is s2. 

Edited by enfieldspares

3 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

B16a.jpg

Very very nice. 

36 minutes ago, Scully said:

Very very nice. 

In their shooting like I believe everyone should own, at least once, a Greener GP, a Browning Auto-5 and, maybe, a Webley bolt action .410". The first two as they are, truly, iconic guns. The Webley .410" as a reminder of how a once great maker was reduced to making stuff that it could have made so much better if it had wanted to but couldn't be bothered. AYA got their .410" Cosmos about right as far as single barrel .410" single shot guns go. Webley is a poor runner up. IMHO.