Bullpups. A Marmite gun ?

Bullpups, never bothered about them untill a friend said how much he liked his, shouldered it & had to aggree. Then I got my own & instantly decided nope don't like it. Bit odd as I prefer carbines compared to full length rifles. Is it something you get used to when you go down the bullpup route or is it realy Marmite first impressions, love or hate ?

4 hours ago, THEINVISIBLESCARECROW said:

It's a P15. Thought it was OK to handle  while my friend showed me his, bought one then realised it was a bit like shooting a Gunpower Stealth I once had. Maybe other bullpups handle different ? I'm going to give it another try to make sure. I like Marmite but think I'll stick with carbines in future.

I bought a P15 around 4 years ago, struggling to think what's not to like. Weighs next to nothing,trigger can be adjusted to a crisp let off, cylinder is Titanium and good for over 150+ shot's, stupidly accurate if the trigger is set correctly and nice build quality. Pellpax were selling them for £300 a few weeks back - I now have 2 (1 in each flavour) and have no desire to buy anything else (I had the AA S510 US when II bought my first P15 then sold it a few weeks later as I realised that it was no better than the P15 and in some areas actually worse. 

On 03/06/2023 at 10:07, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, am trying a P15 and so far it has been good, I've had my FX Vermy for around 10 years but the P15 winning over

Hello, I should add I have a Bob P 3 D printed stock on the P15, I find this far better than the wood stock and fully adjustable 

Personally l like them especially for around farm buildings or in the hide just that bit more manageable when you don't have to much space like you l have carbines too and not that long ago got a bsa r10 super carbine and used it as l would my bull pups but found it a bit awkward if I'm honest but still done the job if l had to pick would be a bull pup they are usually a bit lighter too always going to be a personal nothing better than a change now and again 

• 5 months later...

I had chance to buy this Dayatate Huntsman mk1 pup for just £200 but it was horrible to shoulder and grip!!, Years later I was told that it was a factory bullpup and only one of 20 so it was quite rare! 🤨

VvegoEo.jpg

There was a cheekpiece made of hard covered foam on the other side that stopped the cheek from getting cold, Someone said this wasn't original and that it should have been steel!

John 😊

On 02/06/2023 at 22:00, THEINVISIBLESCARECROW said:

Bullpups, never bothered about them untill a friend said how much he liked his, shouldered it & had to aggree. Then I got my own & instantly decided nope don't like it. Bit odd as I prefer carbines compared to full length rifles. Is it something you get used to when you go down the bullpup route or is it realy Marmite first impressions, love or hate ?

I thought the same when I first picked up an SA80! Awful. Balance is all wrong.