Fishing in brean .

team tractor

Hello, night or day ? depends on time of tide, how high and if there's a westerly wind, I walked the length of brean down and fished off the rocks for nowt while a chap fishing near the steps caught a nice cod but it was late autumn , best advice is from a local tackle and bait shop, fishing off a pier might be more suitable this time of year, there's an april video by Ian Clarke fishing Brean beach catching a big bass, you can see the down in the background, and digging for bait which maybe lug worm ? You can walk the tide in but be careful of soft sand, oh and last, have a great holiday 👍

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

8 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, night or day ? depends on time of tide, how high and if there's a westerly wind, I walked the length of brean down and fished off the rocks for nowt while a chap fishing near the steps caught a nice cod but it was late autumn , best advice is from a local tackle and bait shop, fishing off a pier might be more suitable this time of year, there's an april video by Ian Clarke fishing Brean beach catching a big bass, you can see the down in the background, and digging for bait which maybe lug worm ? You can walk the tide in but be careful of soft sand, oh and last, have a great holiday 👍

I’ve spoken to a local lad and I’m hitting burnham by the looks . I’m lucky we have a place down there so go monthly 😎. I’ve just never bothered with the sea fishing there.

high tides 7pm so 4pm start 😎. A big bass would be a dream 

Just now, team tractor said:

I’ve spoken to a local lad and I’m hitting burnham by the looks . I’m lucky we have a place down there so go monthly 😎. I’ve just never bothered with the sea fishing there.

high tides 7pm so 4pm start 😎. A big bass would be a dream 

Hello, sounds good, I did 2 hours before high and 2 after but an hour to get the gear ready , what bait have you got, lug and sand eel can be a good mix, unless I was after flatties a 1 hook rig was my main beach favourite, 4 ounce weight, 18inch snood , number 4 hook maybe 2 if your doing sand eel and lug together, hook clip just above weight , good luck 👍

If You’re a very lucky bunny don’t overlook that the take limit for bass is two fish per rod per day. And retained fish to be 42cm. - Bass sea fishing guidance 2022

certainly not a jobsworth. Just a marker to protect the innocent.

35 minutes ago, Bobba said:

If You’re a very lucky bunny don’t overlook that the take limit for bass is two fish per rod per day. And retained fish to be 42cm. - Bass sea fishing guidance 2022

certainly not a jobsworth. Just a marker to protect the innocent.

I’ve ready looked into that 👍😎. Now what about using 2 rods ? Sat next to the mrs ? 
Ive never caught a bass so I’m dreaming tho .

On 15/06/2023 at 17:39, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, sounds good, I did 2 hours before high and 2 after but an hour to get the gear ready , what bait have you got, lug and sand eel can be a good mix, unless I was after flatties a 1 hook rig was my main beach favourite, 4 ounce weight, 18inch snood , number 4 hook maybe 2 if your doing sand eel and lug together, hook clip just above weight , good luck 👍

I’m off to get bait this morning. Lug and peeler I’m thinking 

Edited by team tractor

1 hour ago, team tractor said:

I’ve ready looked into that 👍😎. Now what about using 2 rods ? Sat next to the mrs ? 
Ive never caught a bass so I’m dreaming tho .

I’m off to get bait this morning. Lug and peeler I’m thinking 

Hello, for peeler your need to tie on to stop them falling apart on impact , it also depends on type of hook, sand eel are good for that area and up the channel, you could do a 2 bait rig , peeler, lug, eel and lug, thread on the lug up the hook then a bit of eel, lug are dug off those beaches at low tide, you might need a longer hook but the shop should help when you buy bait, if you watched that video you do not need cast to the horizon 😁, good luck, ps 2 rods fishing together 🤔 why not 👍 

7 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, for peeler your need to tie on to stop them falling apart on impact , it also depends on type of hook, sand eel are good for that area and up the channel, you could do a 2 bait rig , peeler, lug, eel and lug, thread on the lug up the hook then a bit of eel, lug are dug off those beaches at low tide, you might need a longer hook but the shop should help when you buy bait, if you watched that video you do not need cast to the horizon 😁, good luck, ps 2 rods fishing together 🤔 why not 👍 

Let us know how goes 👍

10 hours ago, team tractor said:

One Dover sole which was 6” long . 

Ok, well done 👍, local knowledge and a good tackle shop 👍, your 2 rod rest and rods look great, I still have mine made by Ian golds down Portsmouth way  as I mentioned, get into autumn towards winter when the holiday people go it will be better for fishing, more so after a westerly blow, I caught my best bass at West bay , hope you give it another go 👍

36 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

It’s a start and bigger than mine 😂😂

well done for getting out there and taking the time to post 

IMG_7199.jpeg

E7BE24C7-EC29-42C6-949F-812506A06D17.jpeg

And on that note it’s all over 

5FC158F4-EB07-4E77-9360-673B321E5597.jpeg

25 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Ok, well done 👍, local knowledge and a good tackle shop 👍, your 2 rod rest and rods look great, I still have mine made by Ian golds down Portsmouth way  as I mentioned, get into autumn towards winter when the holiday people go it will be better for fishing, more so after a westerly blow, I caught my best bass at West bay , hope you give it another go 👍

I can’t really grumble at 2 fish 

• 1 month later...