Dropped a major clanger

Dougy

Decided to have one of my venison burger with mushroom, a slice of cheese and some chips, we needed some nice ice cream too to go with the freshly picked strawberries so popped over the local store over the road/I like trying different cheese and noticed one i'd not seen before, got home and after opening and a sample in to try thought it tasted a tad strange. Passed a corner to Buster (our lab) even he spat it out. 

It was VEGAN cheese made from coconut milk, its not bloomin cheese then is it ??? 

I put a slice on the burger, the idea was to have some melted cheese on top, it didn't do anything, just sat there looking like a piece of plastic. 

Tasted of B all, absolutely B all. 

Why do they call it cheese ??? my socks are closer to the taste of cheese.

Its in the bin now keeping the flies away. 

Saw a tin of tuna that looked a good price, albeit in foreign writing.  Should have guessed all was not well, when Joey (the cat) wasn't at my feet when I opened it, like he usually is.  It tasted disgusting. Some sort of plant rubbish.  I even had to wrestle the bin lid open to dispose of it......never again.

• 3 weeks later...

Just add an update.

Threw the stuff out for the birds and mice. 

2 weeks on, the bits I ripped up for the birds are still on the bird table, untouched. 1 whole slice I chucked on the garden I picked up. It is as hard as a sheet of plastic, stiff and now opaque, bent it and it snapped. And vegans think it's better to eat this stuff than the real deal. 

Not even birds or mice touch the stuff.