Food of my youff

ditchman

in the little village wot i was dragged up in......the wet fish van used to come round on a friday...it was and old commer van with sliding doors......you always knew when it had been 'cause when you biked thro' the village there were wet patches on the road where it stopped and the ice was melting.....

i used a packet parsley sauce which is not very good as they use bloody flat leaf parsley....make your own with proper british crinkly parsley.........no broad beans yet so i had to use peas

used cod tails gently fried in butter and ground pepper

parsley sauce.jpg

Edited by ditchman

24 minutes ago, ditchman said:

in the little village wot i was dragged up in......the wet fish van used to come round on a friday...it was and old commer van with sliding doors......you always knew when it had been 'cause when you biked thro' the village there were wet patches on the road where it stopped and the ice was melting.....

i used a packet parsley sauce which is not very good as they use bloody flat leaf parsley....make your own with proper british crinkly parsley.........no broad beans yet so i had to use peas

used cod tails gently fried in butter and ground pepper

parsley sauce.jpg

Oooooh that looks delicious 😋 👍

2 hours ago, JKD said:

That's food from my 'youff' as well,,,, along with, macaroni cheese, they both bring bad memories !!! Plate full of disgusting muck IMHO 🤢

i love my macca & cauliflower cheese.........and i love my cheese ..potatoe and oinion pie....    and simple meat and potatoe pie with a dash of worster' and a rake of fine chopped cabbage with butter on top............

9 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

You are such a fanny with food, nearly as bad as "London best" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

😂🤣 Trust me, not fussy with most food,,,, just some childhood memories of being forced to eat things I didn't like 🤷😆🤣

• 2 weeks later...

That was a staple in most Irish households on a Friday.

I used to hate the homemade parsley sauce made with crinkly parsley from the garden and the milk the fish was poached in. My sisters made it and it was usually thick and lumpy with two much corn flour. Handing half my wages in I insisted on packet sauce with mine.

Roll forward the years and I still make this on occasion and now use the simmering milk with added mustard and parsley and thickened to a proper consistency.

Proper food 

😋