Fly tying vices

Dave at kelton

Our fly tying club is trying to get more youngsters involved and away from their computers. To do so we need vices in good working order. Does anyone have any they no longer use and would be prepared to donate? I am happy to pay postage but we can’t afford to buy vices. 

many thanks

Dave

They go cheap on eBay for basic old Veniard ones or Chinese knock-off copies. And with postage free I'd think would be cheaper that a free vice that you paid the postage on?

Items: 401211776066

But if you want an Odames that's another thing. Being Leicester based mine came from his widow. I either use that or a Scottie on its heavy freestanding base. I could help with silks maybe and some capes but can't help with vices, sorry.

Edited by enfieldspares

2 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

They go cheap on eBay for basic old Veniard ones or Chinese knock-off copies. But if you want an Odames that's another thing. Being Leicester based mine came from his widow. I either use that or a Scottie on its heavy freestanding base. I could help with silks maybe and some capes but can't help with vices, sorry.

Thanks. We have loads of materials from donations, it’s just the vices we need.

If you were looking at bulk buying a quantity of the above, at least the lads all get a new vice and all get the same as each other I'd be happy to send you £10 via Paypal or whatever to start a "vice fund" rolling. Perhaps other PW members might also do so? Pretty soon you'd have maybe £50, £70 or whatever to then get an order in? Let me know your thoughts on a "vice fund".

17 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

Our fly tying club is trying to get more youngsters involved and away from their computers. To do so we need vices in good working order. Does anyone have any they no longer use and would be prepared to donate? I am happy to pay postage but we can’t afford to buy vices. 

many thanks

Dave

hi dave i got 2 in my shed send me ur ad please,

18 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

many thanks

Dave

Thanks for the offers of help it is much appreciated. This is an example of what we do at game and crafts or hobby fairs etc.

IMG_1609.jpeg

IMG_1610.jpeg