saddlery gun room 12b hushpower for single barrel

jcbbracken

I've got one built from a pedretti that I picked up cheap last year, I got it cheap because it had some issues but most of those look like they're from the base gun they used and having removed the fore end to fit the can on.

I haven't managed to get hold of any sub sonics to try it with but it's marginally quieter than something unmoderated with normal cartridges but not a lot, trying to find subs in 12 gauge isn't the easiest either.

If I was going to get another one I'd probably hold out for a Baikal single barrel just because they're built like tanks normally. At the moment it just sits in the cabinet not doing a lot really but it does look cool.

I have the o/u drain pipe 20 bore. It's air rifle quiet and my go to hide gun, shooting with my dog. 20g no5 subs from Just carts. 

It's a god awful thing to shoot but once you master it then its a brilliant tool.  I also use it around the garden for squirrels. 

Had a Pedretti based 12ga for 20yrs,poor quality gun with **** trigger but silencer part fine.Takes a bit of getting used to sight picture wise but a handy piece of kit.Takes the edge off noise especially with[I use Eley]subs but still nothing like quiet especially if there is something like a stone wall to bounce the noise off but barely noticeable from 100+ yds away.The silenced .410 I had was much quieter and my friend still uses it to control rats/mink on his small campsite.If I used more I think I would go for a 20ga,as an aside silenced gun has less recoil than normal shotgun even with standard carts,

I have one on my 20b sa. 

It's basically the same as the 12 b version just fitted to a 20 b.

I had mine shortened  from the standard 10 inch to 8 inch to make it a bit  shorter and lighter . I don't need ear defenders when shooting it ( which was my main reason ) its not as quiet as my .410 hushpower mods  - obviously. But is quieter than my .410 ou with 14 grm loads .

I recommend them as they reduce recoil and are quieter than anything unmoderated . Change your carts for different  levels of noise .

Hello, I have a 10 inch 12 bore version still yet to fit on my single 12 but it has a high rib, it's 28 inch and I was looking to cut down and loose the full choke, I had all intentions to get this done but am rarely using my shotguns now, a friend has the same silencer on a single Baikal and it's about 50 percent quieter using fibre wad cartridges

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Why would you cut down the barrel ? 

Just push the mod further down the barrel  if you want it more compact,and have a greater  section , reflex style .

The shorter your barrel the louder it will be anyway .defeating the idea of a mod in the first place .not to mention ruining any pattern by cutting off the choke . What a bad idea.

Edited by Ultrastu