What kind of geese are these?

PeterHenry

16 hours ago, marsh man said:

Not a very clear photo , if the photo was taken inland then they would more than likely be Canada's or Greylag , ask him to shoot one and we can give you a precise answer :lol:

Ah, well, that's the crux of the matter - I will be me doing the shooting so I'll report back. But yes, it's inland. I just wanted to see I could decide on which decoys to take with me.

16 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

Swans.

I'll let you know if they are after I comeback this evening.

Edited by PeterHenry

I would have thought most countrymen would had least know the difference between a Swan and a Goose , to tell what specie of Swan or Goose you would need to move up a gear or two . if Swans they could only be Mute as Whopper Swans and the Bewick Swan haven't hardly arrived here yet , and if Geese then like I say either Canada or Greylag , could be Egyptian but I doubt it as they look to streamlime, Canada would be my first choice .   MM

Edited by marsh man

2 hours ago, marsh man said:

I would have thought most countrymen would had least know the difference between a Swan and a Goose , to tell what specie of Swan or Goose you would need to move up a gear or two . if Swans they could only be Mute as Whopper Swans and the Berwick Swan haven't hardly arrived here yet , and if Geese then like I say either Canada or Greylag , could be Egyptian but I doubt it as they look to streamlime, Canada would be my first choice .   MM

The BERWICK swans are in BERWICK 👍😅

3 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

The BERWICK swans are in BERWICK 👍😅

Well done Billy for spotting the spelling mistake , another bit of useless information , did you know that every Bewick swan have a different face marking and Peter Scott knew each one that came to Slimbridge by there name , they are also one of the only Swans that can do a vertical take off where the bigger ones have to run along the water , there yer go Billy , I should had been learning how to spell when I was a lad instead of spending most of my time watching how Swans land and take off :lol:

52 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Well done Billy for spotting the spelling mistake , another bit of useless information , did you know that every Bewick swan have a different face marking and Peter Scott knew each one that came to Slimbridge by there name , they are also one of the only Swans that can do a vertical take off where the bigger ones have to run along the water , there yer go Billy , I should had been learning how to spell when I was a lad instead of spending most of my time watching how Swans land and take off 

Learn something new every day, never too old, interesting facts about them. Aint Nature brilliant 👍