Bioammo Blue Review

Thank you for posting 

the wad has been changed since I tried some hopefully they will degrade inside a year I’m currently on two and a bit years and not impressed 

it remains to be seen if the wad change has improved the hitting/ killing ability of the cartridge my comparison was bio blue open barrel with impax in the choke barrel I never managed a clean kill with them on pheasants 

as I say hoping they are improved if you think they have I may try them again 

image.jpg

Edited by Old farrier

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

If you did you could have told us if you thought they were clean burning and if there was any damage or wad/ pellet streaks in the barrel or chambers especially if you were using 2.3/4 inch cartridges ina 3 inch chamber gun just a thought to make your videos more informative 

all the best 

of 

Little hard when I’m filming 8 at a time, but appreciate the point 

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

If you did you could have told us if you thought they were clean burning and if there was any damage or wad/ pellet streaks in the barrel or chambers especially if you were using 2.3/4 inch cartridges ina 3 inch chamber gun just a thought to make your videos more informative 

all the best 

of 

I had an interesting chat with the UK importer of of Bio Ammo at the Game Fair a few months ago. One of the things I asked him about was if the pellets were likely to damage the barrels of a gun in the instance of wad failure. I was told that the 'blue' alloy is actualy softer than some of the hardened lead in some modern cartridges.

8 minutes ago, PeterHenry said:

I had an interesting chat with the UK importer of of Bio Ammo at the Game Fair a few months ago. One of the things I asked him about was if the pellets were likely to damage the barrels of a gun in the instance of wad failure. I was told that the 'blue' alloy is actualy softer than some of the hardened lead in some modern cartridges.

Many thanks for the information I shall take it onboard 😊👍

I tried them out on a highish pheasant day and gave some to my guests with instructions to put one in and there normal cartridges in the other barrel and see what they thought and if they noticed any difference 

the verdict was not favourable especially as Even the beaters and picker ups could tell the difference they decided it was definitely not a good choice for the second barrel 

however watching the video they have changed the wad so hopefully a improvement I shall try a box from the new batch 

It seems like the wad protects the shot not the barrel . I noticed that the wad was cut about a third of its length and not to the full length. The wad hit the pattern board maybe a few pellets were still in the bottom of the wad. When I made cardboard wads I found cutting the same as the wad in the film or three cuts three quarters down the wads gave me the best patterns. I’m sure they will have done testing with cutting wads. If it takes years for the wads and hulls to degrade its better than plastic. Bioammo is a large new factory they must see a future in their products.

12 hours ago, bev6345 said:

Little hard when I’m filming 8 at a time, but appreciate the point 

Nice video. I'd question what value seeing you shoot 8 quickly at a mud bank gives me as a viewer, it doesn't show it smashing clays and is one of the Florent things I hate about his videos. 

Whilst I don't mind so much about barrel mess, it is often discussed at how clean a cartridge is. Agreed also above to knowing the choke and distance on the video. It would be good if you could at least draw a circle on the pattern plate to see if it's high, low etc

Your videos are improving each time and I am enjoying the content. Keep it up :)