Not the sort your thinking of 😄

Now i've gotten your attention. What brand/type of case lube are people using? I've always used Lyman-spray lube for convenience. You give the cases a light spray, leave to dry for a minute then resize/deprime as usual. Works very well even on the whopping 45-70 i reload amongst others.

Problem now is, i've almost run out and it don't look like its sold in UK anymore-only place i can find it is in the US for a whopping £67 a can!!!

Please dont recommend the Lee lube because although it is effective-its very messy. Its almost agricultural and feels like i should be wiping it on a tow ball afterwards.

So i have several options. Use wax or a pad (with liquid).

So what are you centrefire reloaders using?

2 minutes ago, Windswept said:

I've tried the Lee and RCBS but much prefer "Imperial Redding Sizing Die Wax". Just a light smear with fingers and a little cotton bud for inside the neck and it works a treat. Expensive but my tin is hardly touched after sizing a few 1000 cases. Easy to wipe off with a cloth.

Im looking at the Redding wax from Reloading solutions as you were typing. Good to hear positive feedback for it. Just sent an enquiringing about stock etc. 

Some one yesterday recommended making my own with lanolin and pure alcohol.  Far too much faffing around for my liking. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/10/2023 at 09:08, Rim Fire said:

A member on SD makes his own using alcohol and lanolin and sells it the money go towards a charity he sells it in 500 ml spray bottles  its good stuff you only need a quick spray 

Just to add, I also make my own by mixing the above 70/30 rate. It's excellent stuff and a little goes a long way.