Where is the love?

TK421

Please don’t judge, I’m a member of other clay shooting related FB groups and forums, obviously PW is my favourite.

ive been thinking about posting this for a while now, I came across a post in said ‘other’ forum from 2019 (sadly at least one from that original post is no longer with us and was a credit to both forums over the many years and a nice chap he was also) regarding gun fit, that got bumped in 2023 and jumped on by a particular UK coach, don’t want to use actual names so for arguments sake let’s just call him ‘the eraser’ . Over 11 pages of posts the thread basically turned into nothing more than a swinging of ones tadger, and  not even a good read tbf, with his usual entourage jumping in to defend his comments etc..

I’m cool with people having differing opinions, that’s life, but there’s a new way of thinking that seems to becoming ever so more common and that is there can be only one opinion, no dialogue or middle ground. It genuinely boils my ****.
For the most part, and I stand by this next statement, the shooting fraternity are some of if not the most accommodating bunch of people you will ever meet. True gents, law abiding, and of course full of banter, but all of this exists in the real world, out in the fields, on the range at the club. Step into the digital world of social media and all that turns to **** for some reason, all the above is either forgotten, lost or simply ignored, but why, I know the answer, it more often than not boils down to a fundamental lack of understanding or ignorance on how the online digital world works and more importantly how it should be used.

Further point, I’m not due my renewal yet, but speaking to a mate who’s just been through it it appears that there is now a further request for details on your social media profile and footprint, of which I have no issue providing, but this now kind of makes sense that they would show an interest in this area and for obvious reasons especially when you consider the above mentioned thread and posts. 

I just wish people would be more reasonable and accommodating of others opinions online as much as they would in the real, I mean a new forum could be started talking about the trials and tribulations of ‘the eraser’ ***, and I know there have been a fair few posts about that. 

Anyway, there’s a lot more to it than what’s mentioned above, the lack of respect shown speaks volumes about one’s character, just throwing this out there into the ether in hope that it reminds a few that behind every post is some bloke, yes a BLOKE, who more than likely loves this sport/hobby and probably isn’t a bad bloke either. 

Peace and love 

(not sure if this is the right section to post in, if not Admins please move)

When arguing with someone online there’s no danger that you’ll get punched in the face if you overstep the mark. This is why the internet is the way it is for the most part.

I read the thread in question. Embarrassing behaviour from the U.K. coach. To get that personal over a discussion on gun fit was very poor form.

Concerning social media - Cheshire Police only asked for Facebook from me. I stopped posting a few years ago so it was no skin off my nose.

Interesting, I also read the thread and both parties didn’t conduct themselves very well at all. In fairness the uk coach is very well respected and can back up is outspoken views with achievements. The other guy, not so much! That said no excuse for the belittling comments on a public forum.

8 minutes ago, MrPhantom said:

Interesting, I also read the thread and both parties didn’t conduct themselves very well at all. In fairness the uk coach is very well respected and can back up is outspoken views with achievements. The other guy, not so much! That said no excuse for the belittling comments on a public forum.

Not wanting to bleed the same issues into this thread but very questionable regarding the ‘respected’ statement. I’m sure in certain circles that would be true, but there are many reasons and opinions outside of those that ‘know’ that would disagree. I see he’s now shooting out of Scotland on his newly acquired CPSA account for some reason 🤔 

Edited by TK421

1 hour ago, ianspire said:

You've not missed a thing, it's on another forum and is totally shameful behaviour from the British coach involved.

Not seen it but if i was to guess the coach is likely the same one I think was banned from the CPSA for allegedly cheating.

lots of money to be made from coaching so bound to be friction if they get negative comments.

2 minutes ago, rbrowning2 said:

Not seen it but if i was to guess the coach is likely the same one I think was banned from the CPSA for allegedly cheating.

lots of money to be made from coaching so bound to be friction if they get negative comments.

As mentioned now shooting out of Scotland via CPSA. Loophole no doubt.