Air pistols made to look like firearms

old'un

On 02/11/2023 at 17:00, old'un said:

I guess the question then is why do they need to be made to look like the real thing? They are far easer to obtain by youngsters and if with a bit of bravado they take them on the street to show off, without criminal intent, there's a chance they may end up getting shot by the police because they look so realistic.

I would hardly call something like this a water pistol, would you know the difference between the air pistol below and a real firearm?

a313.jpg.c5595447828e9e88779719f0888ba38d.jpg

Point any air pistol at the police and you could get shot, no matter what it looks like. People have been shot while armed with a chair leg in a bag. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, ordnance said:

Point any air pistol at the police and you could get shot, no matter what it looks like. People have been shot while armed with a chair leg in a bag. 

you can get shot by just saying you have a gun and then make all the wrong moves whilst surrounded by armed police, but the likely hood of being shot is much higher if you are waving an airgun about that is made to look like the real thing.

2 minutes ago, old'un said:

but the likely hood of being shot is much higher if you are waving an airgun about that is made to look like the real thing.

And rightly so, also making them a prime candidate for the 

Darwin Awards that commemorate those individuals who ensure the long-term survival of our species by removing themselves from the gene pool in a sublimely idiotic fashion.

I’d like to think that as a serving armed copper, if I came across a group of kids running about shooting at each other while laughing and squealing, my first reaction wouldn’t be to reach for the good old Glock. 
I’d also like to think that if I came across the same scenario, but this time with the ear splitting crack of gunfire, screams of agony and a liberal smattering of claret, I’d be able to tell the difference and as a result may respond differently. 🤷‍♂️

On 18/11/2023 at 10:07, old'un said:

you can get shot by just saying you have a gun and then make all the wrong moves whilst surrounded by armed police, but the likely hood of being shot is much higher if you are waving an airgun about that is made to look like the real thing.

A air pistol is the real thing its a pistol, and the police will care what it looks like if you are waving it about. 

10 hours ago, ordnance said:

A air pistol is the real thing its a pistol, and the police will care what it looks like if you are waving it about. 

As I’ve said before, if you go out with the intention of deceiving others into believing that what you have is a real firearm ( even if it’s a banana in a bag) then you have to be prepared to face the consequences.