Venison Burgers

Dougy

Being as there seems to be an interest in PW dining habits i thought i'd add one. 

I knocked up a few burgers last Sunday (152 6oz) so thought we would sample a couple tonight. 

Its a Venison (munty)and Juniper mix that i add red wind and cranberries to, very tasty. 

20231104_174356_copy_800x361.jpg

i bet they were good Munty superb for any occasion:good:

what i like about this thread is ....us males are always being told we are useless.....chefs on the TV talk to us as if we are children......i havnt seen any of that arty farty TV food carp on here...............what i see are talented lads (old and young)....using their bonce....and turning out some really cracking stuff in their own style

if you grabbed all the lovely food that is cooked by you lot on here......you could make a cracking reciept book that would knock them TV chefs into a cocked hat...

:good:

11 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i bet they were good Munty superb for any occasion:good:

what i like about this thread is ....us males are always being told we are useless.....chefs on the TV talk to us as if we are children......i havnt seen any of that arty farty TV food carp on here...............what i see are talented lads (old and young)....using their bonce....and turning out some really cracking stuff in their own style

if you grabbed all the lovely food that is cooked by you lot on here......you could make a cracking reciept book that would knock them TV chefs into a cocked hat...

:good:

When i was at school i did "O" Level cookery, the intention was to go into the catering business in one way or another. Cutting the story short i took a slightly different road, being told by some very nice teachers at the time "you will never get a job" Not the best encouragement for a young lad. 

I dont do anything now like i used to do. 

1 hour ago, Dougy said:

Being as there seems to be an interest in PW dining habits i thought i'd add one. 

I knocked up a few burgers last Sunday (152 6oz) so thought we would sample a couple tonight. 

Its a Venison (munty)and Juniper mix that i add red wind and cranberries to, very tasty. 

20231104_174356_copy_800x361.jpg

They look nice.  I have made pheasant burgers before (as well as various non game meats/mixes).  Where the meat is very lean (as both venison and pheasant tend to be) I mix some streaky smoked bacon in to add some fat before mincing the mixture (my mixture usually has a few breadcrumbs in as it seems to improve the texture).

5 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

They look nice.  I have made pheasant burgers before (as well as various non game meats/mixes).  Where the meat is very lean (as both venison and pheasant tend to be) I mix some streaky smoked bacon in to add some fat before mincing the mixture (my mixture usually has a few breadcrumbs in as it seems to improve the texture).

smokey bacon and pheasant are made for each other..........when mum was roasting a pheasant she always put a few slices of smoked streaky over the breast

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

smokey bacon and pheasant are made for each other..........when mum was roasting a pheasant she always put a few slices of smoked streaky over the breast

In my kitchen, smokey bacon is made for almost everything!  But it always adds a nice bit of tasty fat to anything a naturally lean ........

3 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

In my kitchen, smokey bacon is made for almost everything!  But it always adds a nice bit of tasty fat to anything a naturally lean ........

love wrapped prunes with smoked streaky bacon and roasted..............very moorish at xmas

For me wenison burgers need to be ground coarse with the meat not cold. This preserves the texture. 

19 minutes ago, ditchman said:

love wrapped prunes with smoked streaky bacon and roasted..............very moorish at xmas

Now that is an idea. Yum. 

I have my Mum over for Christmas so need some ideas. 

On 05/11/2023 at 16:47, JKD said:

Those burgers sound great, but,,,, they deserve better buns, IMHO 🤭😄

Don't disagree with that, but that was all i had in. 

On 05/11/2023 at 21:35, team tractor said:

Any spare dougy 😉. I’ll buy a few 

Yes, next time your passing, or if im going your way,