Ultrasonic Cleaner

SPAS 15

Going to get an ultrasonic cleaner for gun parts and other items and i have noticed that most cleaning solutions that are homemade

or commercial are mixed with water. Once you have cleaned the parts i am worried that there may be water left in areas that would be

hard to reach to dry. Does anybody or can you use a product like WD40 in a ultrasonic cleaner to displace excess water. 

I would be interested to hear of peoples experiences and thoughts. Thank you.

24 minutes ago, SPAS 15 said:

Going to get an ultrasonic cleaner for gun parts and other items and i have noticed that most cleaning solutions that are homemade

or commercial are mixed with water. Once you have cleaned the parts i am worried that there may be water left in areas that would be

hard to reach to dry. Does anybody or can you use a product like WD40 in a ultrasonic cleaner to displace excess water. 

I would be interested to hear of peoples experiences and thoughts. Thank you.

I usually clean brass cases in mine, and when finished, they are placed on a tray in a warm oven for approx 1hr. Bigger pieces could be placed on top of a radiator.

I don't reload, so anything I clean in mine, jewellery, shaver heads etc., I just paper towel dry and leave to evaporate.

Only two of my older shotguns have ever been out in the rain, so again paper towel dry and hair dryer and left to evaporate, then the usual oily cloth.

Cleaning mix is warm water and washing up liquid.

Shotgun reference is only to suggest hair dryer.