17HMR choice

shawn9914

Had my heart set on a weihrauch hw66 in 17 hmr but I'm now also considering a Anshultz 1517 and a Sako finfire 2

What are people's thoughts on these 3 rifles. 

What are the triggers like, I have a HW100 air rifle and the trigger is superb. My old cz in 22LR was a shockingly bad trigger so clunky which has totally put me of CZ rifles now

Edited by shawn9914

13 hours ago, shawn9914 said:

Had my heart set on a weihrauch hw66 in 17 hmr but I'm now also considering a Anshultz 1517 and a Sako finfire 2

What are people's thoughts on these 3 rifles. 

What are the triggers like, I have a HW100 air rifle and the trigger is superb. My old cz in 22LR was a shockingly bad trigger so clunky which has totally put me of CZ rifles now

HW66 all day long. 

I had a HW66 short barrel very handy and accurate but I had a number of cases stuck in the chamber. At night these were very hard to clear. New extractor claw and cleaning helped but still not great. The mag also chafed some rounds when loaded at night. Nothing noticed on shooting but when unloaded the next day they were clearly marked. Probably my fault trying to be quick at night. The small mag was not helpful.

Changed it for a t1x trigger not as good but works well enough. It has a better receiver for mounting rails for nv and the plastic stock is robust. The mag is ten shot so good for clearance work. 

• 1 month later...