Olympic Trench,

redial

I started clay shooting many years ago at a trap oriented club. DTL, Double Rise, ABT.

Having not shot clays for many years. I discovered the above discipline, which I would like to try 

it looks testing to say the least, very fast and wide angles. It’s more of a wanting to try it

rather than taking it seriously.  Any tip’s please, I am located in Shropshire.

Cheers.

Olympic Trap has a TRENCH with 15 traps in it out in front of the shooters.

One trap of a group of three in front of each shooting position will release a clay flying quite fast and at far more of an angle than the DTL you remember.

You will need quick reactions.   GOOD LUCK.

Not many grounds hold competitions for this discipline.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

Have a ride up to the Fauxdegla Shooting Ground at Llandegla Wrexham LL11 3AL they regularly have 50 bird OT & ABT sessions at weekends. Mike, Debbie and the team are always very welcoming and the targets are superb 💥
If you are South Shropshire Park Farm at Ombersley is another superb ground with DTL , UT, ABT and a full Sporting layout. Phil, Di, Luke and the team will always give you a warm welcome 💥🙂

Edited by Andycf

Perazzi are the only manufacturer I have come across which made a dedicated ‘trench’ gun back in the early ‘80’s I think.
I can’t recall the model now, but it had 30” barrels and fixed choke at full and extra if I recall, with no mid rib, and the only one I’d ever seen and almost bought it, but opted for the MX4C instead. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Have just realised! We do have an Olympic trench or ABT set up locally! Bowscar in Penrith which is predominantly a DTL set up. 
Haven’t been for years and had forgotten all about it! 
Andy Gregson used to practice there a long time ago. 

A.G. as in one time captain of England.

27 minutes ago, redial said:

A.G. as in one time captain of England.

He may have been Captain, but I wouldn’t know to be honest. I do know he was a National Team member. 
He worked for a relative of mine and we would talk shooting whenever we bumped into each other, which wasn’t often admittedly, but he’s a very quiet and modest bloke, and never mentioned it to me if he was.