Gumtree

Bigbob

I usually check gumtree free adverts 

The latest ones that give me a laugh are folk trying to unload there junk Cooker , fridge or tv free doesn't work might be a simple fix to somebody , Take it to the dump yourself LOL 

Or if there something i fancy and i haven't seen the advert fast enough and folk have replied for it often up to a week later i ask is this still available and it is , Why are there so many tyre kickers out there ?. why reply to a advert get all the details if your no going to pick it up ?.

The latest i just got where kids books after seeing a page load of can i have these for a week on the advert  i sent a message picked them up earlier my year old grand daughter loves them when she gets fed up of them the smallest one will get them Yet there must of been ten replies asking for them on the advert  

Possibly because the great unwashed, hard of thinking types just reply automatically and think they are getting something for nothing.

Then when their brain wakes up, they realise either they don't need/want it or work out the time and effort involved in collecting their hard won item and go very quiet.

3 hours ago, Bigbob said:

I usually check gumtree free adverts 

The latest ones that give me a laugh are folk trying to unload there junk Cooker , fridge or tv free doesn't work might be a simple fix to somebody , Take it to the dump yourself LOL 

Or if there something i fancy and i haven't seen the advert fast enough and folk have replied for it often up to a week later i ask is this still available and it is , Why are there so many tyre kickers out there ?. why reply to a advert get all the details if your no going to pick it up ?.

The latest i just got where kids books after seeing a page load of can i have these for a week on the advert  i sent a message picked them up earlier my year old grand daughter loves them when she gets fed up of them the smallest one will get them Yet there must of been ten replies asking for them on the advert  

I have had the odd item for free or very nearly free , when we first moved I was looking at the freebies on our local gumtree when I noticed a chap not far away was giving a spotless Natham book case that had a locked writing department on the front , I gave the bloke a ring and he still had it , went down to have a look and it was exactly what we wanted for all my shooting books and we already had a couple of Natham units , At the time I had a Vauxhall estate and the unit just went in the back and only stuck out a few inches , even though it was free I took him down a bottle of Whiskey , over a period of a couple of months I got all the other units to match the make we already had at a fraction of the retail price on Ebay and they were all within a short distance and one of the units which was a telephone table and drawers were from a chap who lived in the same village , better to be born lucky than rich , although it is better to be born both lucky and rich :lol:

1 hour ago, manthing said:

@marsh man

Did you find treasures beyond expectations in the locked compartment? 

No sadly I didn't , the only thing inside were some very old Daily Mirror newspapers , these would had been torn up and hung on a nail in outdoor loo years ago and put to good use , now they are put in the recycling bin and forgot about :good: