Joseph Teasdale Hammer Gun

Feltwad

Has a matter of interest are there any readers who have or shoot a  hammer gun or percussion gun made by Joseph Teasdale or his sons  who were in business in Durham City from 1815 to 1896. A gun by Teasdale is not often mentioned  or seen but it would be interesting to see if any  are still in use .

Feltwad

On 17/01/2024 at 15:30, CaptC said:

Might be of some use https://onlineshop.oxfam.org.uk/experts-on-guns-shooting-gt-teasdale-buckell/product/HD_301748070

Also on a certain auction site but might not be the same Teasdale? Offer to take it off their hands for free before it causes there snowflake bosses  offence 

Amazed that oxfam would sell a book like this . Surely it goes against the woke agenda . I should offer to take it off their hands for free before it upsets their snowflake bosses .

Edited by Gunman

48 minutes ago, Gunman said:

Amazed that oxfam would sell a book like this . Surely it goes against the woke agenda . I should offer to take it off their hands for free before it upsets their snowflake bosses .

If it’s on fleabay with their strange firearms policies Oxfam pass with flying colours 

The Teasdale family  made guns from flintlock to early hammer guns the image of the hammer gun is 1860-70 and built by joseph Teasdale junior who was in business with his brother William  at  24 Silver Street Durham   .In 1870  Joseph  junior  took over the business of a long established gunmaker Robert Booth  at 35 Saddlers Street Durham and in  1896 William took over the business of Henry Dean at 71 North Road  Durham opposite the bus station  and this marked the end of the Teasdale family of gun makers  from 1815

Feltwad

A sxs percussion gun by Joseph Teasdale Senior 

100_5243.JPG.ca67d535c1668c413b71f93fd54f1a7b.JPG

Robert Booth percussion sxb sporting  gun

100_1670.JPG.2a064181299f382cf4b154c30d94f426.JPG

29 minutes ago, muncher said:

I have one but is a 8 bore. 

1E0BDD13-F989-4785-89D9-218F42BA7027.jpeg

Question is the sxs 8 bore a Teasdale  if so in my  76 years of restoration and shooting black powder that is the first top lever I have seen by Teasdale of Durham  City

Feltwad

16 minutes ago, London Best said:

Now I’m dribbling a bit! 
That is bloody gorgeous!

I must say she is very effective if I do my bit. 
36 inch barrels weighs a stone. 

1 minute ago, Feltwad said:

Question is the sxs 8 bore a Teasdale  if so in my  76 years of restoration and shooting black powder that is the first top lever I have seen by Teasdale of Durham  City

Feltwad

Sorry it’s not one you asked for, just a hammer gun I meant. Sorry again. 

1 minute ago, muncher said:

I must say she is very effective if I do my bit. 
36 inch barrels weighs a stone. 

Sorry it’s not one you asked for, just a hammer gun I meant. Sorry again. 

The name is a Lyon and Lyon who had them made for them and sold them in  India.