By-elections

ditchman

On 17/02/2024 at 20:00, shaun4860 said:

Yes

Up till now they have been promising us the world because it’s easy to do that when you’re not in power.

Now it looks like they will probably win they are already back peddling on their promises.

:shaun:

Unfortunately the Tory finances are far worse than they predicted them to be and rightly they won't break their spending control limits. 

The party in power are back peddling on promises all the time. 

There are hard choices to be made and each of the parties struggles to make them when they impact their voter or donor base. Among the many many problems left unresolved by the tories we need to get taxes in order, work on affordable housing, fund social care get a plan for sustainability, resolve the EU issue. A change of govt is the best way to work towards that. If any headway can be made on these issues then it will probably be time for another change. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Unfortunately the Tory finances are far worse than they predicted them to be and rightly they won't break their spending control limits. 

The party in power are back peddling on promises all the time. 

There are hard choices to be made and each of the parties struggles to make them when they impact their voter or donor base. Among the many many problems left unresolved by the tories we need to get taxes in order, work on affordable housing, fund social care get a plan for sustainability, resolve the EU issue. A change of govt is the best way to work towards that. If any headway can be made on these issues then it will probably be time for another change. 

Well you’ve got my vote 👍

:shaun:

On 17/02/2024 at 21:29, 12gauge82 said:

You are of course right that part of those 27 years were Blair and Brown years, but I hope we can both agree they were not better either, I would suggest they were worse and probably the start of another major decline for the UK. All that time, the Cons had the opportunity to come up with a better way of running things, but they didn't. This country needs change, to vote for the same two parties is madness in my opinion, you are literally voting for more of the same.

Exactly so.

On 17/02/2024 at 14:13, redial said:

It’s going to be a landslide come the election, which is worrying for field sports and the country as a whole.

Liebour have already said that will tighten up on any loopholes in the Hunting with Dogs act.

Chip, chip, chip, slash, slash, slash.

15 hours ago, oowee said:

affordable housing, fund social care get a plan for sustainability, resolve the EU issue

Affordable housing - Perhaps you can ask T B Liar to release some of his property portfolio towards helping with this

Fund Social Care - Simple - return benefits to what it was - a safety net and not a lifestyle choice - don't think there is any chance of that under a Liebour government

Sustainability - I gather that you mean "green" and Climate Change - or rather what can we find to tax people more with so we can syphon it off into investment companies - and that will not change under Liebour

Resolve the EU issue - We did - but Civil Servants and MP's ***** that up royally - and Liebour will want to march us straight back in

Now don't get me wrong - Conservatives haven't got my vote - because as far as I am concerned Labour and Cons are a uniparty giving us a semblance of choice

12 minutes ago, discobob said:

Now don't get me wrong - Conservatives haven't got my vote - because as far as I am concerned Labour and Cons are a uniparty giving us a semblance of choice

Going to be, when the orders all come from the same place.

1 hour ago, Penelope said:

Liebour have already said that will tighten up on any loopholes in the Hunting with Dogs act.

Chip, chip, chip, slash, slash, slash.

Sadly they are all the same, lobbied behind closed doors and taking whatever inducements they can grab from the unknown sponsors? Thoughtless and greedy for starters?

14 minutes ago, discobob said:

Affordable housing - Perhaps you can ask T B Liar to release some of his property portfolio towards helping with this

Fund Social Care - Simple - return benefits to what it was - a safety net and not a lifestyle choice - don't think there is any chance of that under a Liebour government

Sustainability - I gather that you mean "green" and Climate Change - or rather what can we find to tax people more with so we can syphon it off into investment companies - and that will not change under Liebour

Resolve the EU issue - We did - but Civil Servants and MP's ***** that up royally - and Liebour will want to march us straight back in

Yep, succinctly put.

2 minutes ago, old man said:

Sadly they are all the same, lobbied behind closed doors and taking whatever inducements they can grab from the unknown sponsors? Thoughtless and greedy for starters?

Yep, succinctly put.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/02/19/labour-party-vows-to-eliminate-fox-hunting/#:~:text=Labour vows to 'eliminate' fox hunting&text=Labour has vowed to eliminate,that wants it to continue.

1 hour ago, discobob said:

Affordable housing, stopping illegal migration would be a good first step to helping that.

2 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Affordable housing, stopping illegal migration would be a good first step to helping that.

I saw a US item on about their immigration - that just by the fact they are coming in it increases the GDP of the country - which means access to international loans etc...

But GDP doesn't factor in the cost to internal economy of the country 😞

15 minutes ago, discobob said:

I saw a US item on about their immigration - that just by the fact they are coming in it increases the GDP of the country - which means access to international loans etc...

But GDP doesn't factor in the cost to internal economy of the country 😞

And I think there lies the problem. Mass Immigration has been fantastic for globalist elites and their agenda. But has been utterly disastrous for the other 99%.

21 hours ago, discobob said:

Just be careful here bob, far too much common sense is not good for your mental health?

The problem being is how do we get the rats off the ship?