"im mainly ..Madras'ish"

ditchman

did this last nite in the slow cooker and let it superate overnite..............

i like my pickles and i love lime pickle...but the co-op dont do Pateks anymore they do this stuff....it was a bit chunky when i opened it up.so i spooned it out intoa bowl and chopped it up with a pair of scissors....had it today and it was far better than Pateks ...lot more taste.....(think they had fermented it for longer)

my mrs hated the smell of the stuff...she said it smelt of bloody drain cleaner...

P1010055fm.jpg

P1010054fm.jpg

P1010053fm.jpg

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

did this last nite in the slow cooker and let it superate overnite..............

i like my pickles and i love lime pickle...but the co-op dont do Pateks anymore they do this stuff....it was a bit chunky when i opened it up.so i spooned it out intoa bowl and chopped it up with a pair of scissors....had it today and it was far better than Pateks ...lot more taste.....(think they had fermented it for longer)

my mrs hated the smell of the stuff...she said it smelt of bloody drain cleaner...

P1010055fm.jpg

Will have to go looking for that, there are Co-ops all over the place.

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Will have to go looking for that, there are Co-ops all over the place.

dave.......its not on the pickle shelf.....if it is the co-op go to the other isle where they have all the strange sauces (foriegn) and where they sell Kimchi in tins...when you get it chop the big lumps up with scissors...they really are too big........

really pleased with the pickle

4 hours ago, ditchman said:

went to the co-op this morn' bought another 4 jars so as to last me.............incase the co-op change their stocking ..(which they do from time to time)

Only bloody 4, are you mad?

2 hours ago, Robden said:

I've always found East End Indian "stuff" to be good, and also HTC and Kohinoor.  Pataks leaves a chemical after taste now.

yes......ive found Pateks can be a bit chemical .......good description

58 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Ive always used Pataks, but reading this i will give this one a try 👍

as ive said onthe post ...when you get the pickle ...tip it out into a bowl and chop it up with some scissors....the lime chuncks are too damn big