B25 1975 Original or not

Serge D3

Hello,

Can anybody tell me iff this Browning B25 is original. Haven't seen any like this, and can't find any information about a gun with the woodcarving like this.

The guy who sells it, says that it is a 1975 Browning B25 D5 Choles Full/Full.

I like the gun, but I don't know a lot about old B25's.

Thnks for your answers.

Serge D3

Belgium

B25 6.jpg

B25 7.jpg

B25 9.jpg

B25 11.jpg

B25 12.jpg

B25 13.jpg

Looks like a D5G to me and there are a number of things that point to it being genuine. However so am dubious as to whether the woodwork is original as it looks a lower grade than a D and the pad and so have never seen a black recoil pad on a 70’s B25 trap gun. Do you know the engravers name? Should be on the gun

1 hour ago, Miroku Matt said:

Looks like a D5G to me and there are a number of things that point to it being genuine. However so am dubious as to whether the woodwork is original as it looks a lower grade than a D and the pad and so have never seen a black recoil pad on a 70’s B25 trap gun. Do you know the engravers name? Should be on the gun

Wild stab in the dark - but could that not be French walnut?

I know this is a Belgian gun, but I saw something once about the Presidential grade Mirokus being stocked with French Walnut, and that the figure seems underwhelming to some by today's standards?

Very hard to tell .I have vague memories of seeing a stock with similar carving some years ago on a B25 Note sure about the gold initials 

So is it an up grade or was it an original custom gun .Browning's did make some guns that did not fall into any exact grade norms so I would guess this was made i

As you are in Belgium I would suggest you contact Paul Pletsus ( not sure of spelling )  or Jan Bliki or if near Maastricht then Rolofe Lucas any of these would be to Tell you exactly 

On 21/03/2024 at 22:17, Miroku Matt said:

Hello Matt, there is no engravers name on it. Only the initials AD on the triggerguard. I have found two more B25 with the same woodcarving on a website in Holland, but no respons yet.

It’s also a trap gun, full/full. 🤷🏻

27 minutes ago, Serge D3 said:

Hello Matt, there is no engravers name on it. Only the initials AD on the triggerguard. I have found two more B25 with the same woodcarving on a website in Holland, but no respons yet.

It’s also a trap gun, full/full. 🤷🏻

Here is the link to the website who have them. There are 3 B25's with the same wood carving as mine. 2 superposed cal12 and 1 B25 KAl. 20/57JRS

Never seen any other one with this wood carving. It is still a mistery to me.  All info would help.

6 minutes ago, Serge D3 said:

Here is the link to the website who have them. There are 3 B25's with the same wood carving as mine. 2 superposed cal12 and 1 B25 KAl. 20/57JRS

Never seen any other one with this wood carving. It is still a mistery to me.  All info would help.

https://doubletshop.nl/nl/90-wapens?q=Merk-Battle+Arms 

On 22/03/2024 at 09:37, Gunman said:

Very hard to tell .I have vague memories of seeing a stock with similar carving some years ago on a B25 Note sure about the gold initials 

So is it an up grade or was it an original custom gun .Browning's did make some guns that did not fall into any exact grade norms so I would guess this was made i

As you are in Belgium I would suggest you contact Paul Pletsus ( not sure of spelling )  or Jan Bliki or if near Maastricht then Rolofe Lucas any of these would be to Tell you exactly 

Hello Gunman, thank you for the reply. I have send pictures to several sellers, and they all say the same. Verry nice engraving, only no name of the engraver. Wood probably not original, but not sure. It's in a luxe leather case from Browning, but maybe there were all in that period.

7 minutes ago, Serge D3 said:

https://doubletshop.nl/nl/90-wapens?q=Merk-Battle+Arms 

Hello Gunman, thank you for the reply. I have send pictures to several sellers, and they all say the same. Verry nice engraving, only no name of the engraver. Wood probably not original, but not sure. It's in a luxe leather case from Browning, but maybe there were all in that period.

IMG_0535.jpeg.c0594a9ffa7275859b2296acff6f3663.jpegIMG_0536.jpeg.f32314dc2981fc5fff9d15707c7bd6e1.jpegIMG_0537.jpeg.e2f0ef64daddaab6e5dea1cbeafa5d49.jpeg

Send the serial number to Browning and they’ll tell you the initial grade of the gun manufactured.

I suspect this is a later ‘customisation’.

Back in the day my father had a similar type of gun shipped to Elderkin’s, and the research showed it was originally made as a lower grade gun, and subsequently ‘upgraded’.

Edited by Smokersmith

59 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Send the serial number to Browning and they’ll tell you the initial grade of the gun manufactured.

I suspect this is a later ‘customisation’.

Back in the day my father had a similar type of gun shipped to Elderkin’s, and the research showed it was originally made as a lower grade gun, and subsequently ‘upgraded’.

Thanks for the info. I’ll do.

12 hours ago, jasper682 said:

There's  a similar gun and discussion on shootclay at the moment. 

Wisemans of cannock  apparently  did/do this sort of work to low grade Brownings.  

Screenshot_20240329_185753_Chrome.jpg.3cc29b8dbe49f1cbf0be0de46fe3b22a.jpgScreenshot_20240329_185807_Chrome.jpg.1ed48542fcfacea925a8a4e79d14b6ce.jpgScreenshot_20240329_185818_Chrome.jpg.61363a42e40cc797304c1f95d203d6bc.jpg

Thanks, will send the question to Wisemans of cannock. Maybe the can sort it out.

Will also follow that forum. Bit by bit I will get there 😏.