Macerator recommendations please

I am thinking of converting an under stairs area into a toilet. With the difference in ground levels a macerator will be required.  I have been looking at different ones and the reviews and thought that I'd ask are there any to avoid? Are any brands better than others please 🙏 

Hcc

3 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

I am thinking of converting an under stairs area into a toilet. With the difference in ground levels a macerator will be required.  I have been looking at different ones and the reviews and thought that I'd ask are there any to avoid? Are any brands better than others please 🙏 

Hcc

Maybe pm flyboy1950?

On 27/03/2024 at 12:55, harrycatcat1 said:

Hcc

Saniflo are well known.

Horrible things and we went through a few from expensive to budget eBay specials and they were all problematic. I am now an expert in unblocking and clearing jams in them. Finally got rid of and built a pump chamber and has been a game changer but probably not what your after. 

2 hours ago, Penelope said:

Saniflo are well known.

Thanks 👌 

23 minutes ago, rovercoupe said:

Horrible things and we went through a few from expensive to budget eBay specials and they were all problematic. I am now an expert in unblocking and clearing jams in them. Finally got rid of and built a pump chamber and has been a game changer but probably not what your after. 

Yes I can understand what you are saying as I've been reading the reviews 🙄 I have no alternative though due to the difference in ground levels. 

I used a Saniflo when I built an en-suite in our spare bedroom about 15 years ago as there was no easy route to a soil pipe and it has been absolutely trouble free ever since. Being in a spare bedroom it still gets fairly regular use so no complaints whatsoever.

OB

If you do go with one then my advice would be to make sure you can easily remove the toilet for access and make sure the floor is vinyl so when it floods it’s easy to clean up. 
oh and make sure it’s turned off before sticking your hands in there! They are fairly simple things to work on and mostly they go wrong by overloading and cutting out and for some reason they have to be drained down before they will kick back in or if hair and other grub wraps round the cutter it will trip out. Not super hard to sort but not a nice job. 

1 hour ago, harrycatcat1 said:

did you buy from screwfix?  plumbworld £338.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

did you buy from screwfix?  plumbworld £338.

I will ring screwfix tomorrow to see if I can cancel macerator 😉😉👍👍 thanks 👌 

Edited to say next time I'm in Craiglang I will get you a pint 😉 

Screenshot_20240331_160213_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by harrycatcat1