Recommended Gun Safe Installers in Cheshire?

Hi, hope you don't mind a question from a newbie here.

I'm utterly useless at DIY, and need to have a gun safe fitted in the coming weeks. DIY simply isn't an option for me, as previous much less demanding DIY tasks have showed my utter incompetence again and again....

There are a few online safe suppliers who provide installation, but the small print seems to exclude anything that may be more involved than ground floor installation with expanding anchors into a solid brick wall or concrete floor.

My installation will be on the first floor on the back wall of  a built-in wardrobe, almost certainly needing resin anchors as the house is constructed from lightweight blocks (Thermolite I think).

Can anyone recommend a capable installer in the Cheshire area (Knutsford/Northwich corner) who could fit a pre-purchased cabinet for me? I'd much prefer to find someone through recommendation if I can, as I could really do without this being messed up.

Huge thanks in advance....

Would love to offer a recommendation but the tradesperson who installed one for me a few years ago appears to have shut up shop.

Have you tried using a site like MyBuilder or Checkatrade? You can post a job with a description, images, etc. and the relevant tradespeople can apply for the job. It uses an eBay-style feedback system so you can see who's legitimate. 

Do you know anyone else in your area who does shooting in any form? I'm sure that someone would fit the cabinet for you. If I lived nearer, I would do it for you. I've fitted 4 different ones in my home and quite a few more for other's.

Any half decent joiner in the local area. Someone who can fit windows and doors in to houses, make and fit new stairs etc - can fit a gun a gun cabinet very easily. I know DIY isn’t your thing, so let me just say it’s a very straightforward job. They will probably just pop in for half an hour - do it on their way home for cash. 

Oh and welcome to Pigeon Watch by the way. 

5 minutes ago, jeffgg said:

Welcome just be carfull if you advertise for someone to fit a gun safe you do not want every Tom **** or Harry to no that you have guns in your house.

Good point. Get a recommendation - one good one is all you need. 

3 hours ago, Genghis said:

Would love to offer a recommendation but the tradesperson who installed one for me a few years ago appears to have shut up shop.

Have you tried using a site like MyBuilder or Checkatrade? You can post a job with a description, images, etc. and the relevant tradespeople can apply for the job. It uses an eBay-style feedback system so you can see who's legitimate. 

No worries, so often the case!

Good suggestion about checkatrade etc - I hadn't thought of that, and could be a good option if I don't come across a personal recommendation. Thanks!

3 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

Do you know anyone else in your area who does shooting in any form? I'm sure that someone would fit the cabinet for you. If I lived nearer, I would do it for you. I've fitted 4 different ones in my home and quite a few more for other's.

I do know a few people. I've been wary of quizzing them too much as I'm pretty sure they fitted their own (oh to be competent!) and I don't want them to think I'm trying to take advantage. I'm probably being pathetic and should just ask one of them to fit it for me and offer to pay them....

2 hours ago, Fellside said:

Any half decent joiner in the local area. Someone who can fit windows and doors in to houses, make and fit new stairs etc - can fit a gun a gun cabinet very easily. I know DIY isn’t your thing, so let me just say it’s a very straightforward job. They will probably just pop in for half an hour - do it on their way home for cash. 

Oh and welcome to Pigeon Watch by the way. 

Thanks for the welcome. You've given me an idea - I know a builder's apprentice who I'll bet is quite capable of setting a few resin anchors and some threaded bar....

2 hours ago, jeffgg said:

Welcome just be carfull if you advertise for someone to fit a gun safe you do not want every Tom **** or Harry to no that you have guns in your house.

Good point - don't want to be sticking it on the village notice board!