Classic doubles 101

12 bore multi choke, 3 inch chamber ,28 inch barrel ,Classic Doubles 101.

comes complete with trap stock and fore end and shoots high, but when using the  detachable raised rib it shoots to point of aim

also game stock oil finished well figured stock (as shown in right hand  photograph  on the right) and well figured Forend wood.

Trap stock fitted by Graham Mackinlay and cast off approx 1/4 inch

Purchase of m/c MK38 trap gun prompts sale. 

Price £600 ( trap wood alone was £300 and raised rib £150 pre owned ) so seems a good buy Gun has been a bit of a sleeper used occasionally lead shot only .All wood sound ,no cracks or repairs and gun itself genuinely in great condition bores immaculate

All my guns are well looked after so no worries re condition. Gun has had zero faults in my roughly 7 year ownership 

FB4FFDB7-6C6B-4060-AA20-5110964AF0A5.jpeg

AD83A76A-ACA3-49B6-AAB4-5D38A08D7EC8.jpeg

Edited by Konor

Posted (edited)

Top picture is the new wood and the high rib is detachable. It came to me in really good condition and I’ve used it for flighting geese inland and a bit of clays. I’ll be sorry to see it go but had the Police up today and they are insisting that my air rifles should be under lock and key ideally in a cabinet so I have decided to downsize just enough to accommodate 2 air rifles. It’s maybe better that someone gets a bit more use out of it anyway so a silver lining for someone.

Edited by Konor

20 minutes ago, holloway said:

you know your going to regret it ! 

If it was 10 years ago I wouldn’t even consider selling but I’ve had my time with it and enjoyed owning it, the last time I was out with it I said to my wife “ what’s the point of anything dearer when this really does all I need “.With  the amount of shooting I do now though I feel a bit greedy keeping a hold of so many guns so I’m selling off my cheaper stuff .The police visit was a catalyst in my decision to move some on. Hopefully someone will go for it. I’ve a 20 bore Skeet gun again a Classic Doubles 101 and when I get organised I’ll be putting that up too.

7 hours ago, Konor said:

If it was 10 years ago I wouldn’t even consider selling but I’ve had my time with it and enjoyed owning it, the last time I was out with it I said to my wife “ what’s the point of anything dearer when this really does all I need “.With  the amount of shooting I do now though I feel a bit greedy keeping a hold of so many guns so I’m selling off my cheaper stuff .The police visit was a catalyst in my decision to move some on. Hopefully someone will go for it. I’ve a 20 bore Skeet gun again a Classic Doubles 101 and when I get organised I’ll be putting that up too.

I will be keeping a keen eye out for the skeet gun good luck with the sale .

9 hours ago, Konor said:

Top picture is the new wood and the high rib is detachable. It came to me in really good condition and I’ve used it for flighting geese inland and a bit of clays. I’ll be sorry to see it go but had the Police up today and they are insisting that my air rifles should be under lock and key ideally in a cabinet so I have decided to downsize just enough to accommodate 2 air rifles. It’s maybe better that someone gets a bit more use out of it anyway so a silver lining for someone.

Why not another cabinet for your rifles i did. You'll regret it. 

6 minutes ago, mellors said:

Why not another cabinet for your rifles i did. You'll regret it. 

I’ve four cabinets already that hold my 15 shotguns and 3 rifles. Getting older now so time to give someone the opportunity to upgrade or add to their collection. I tend to favour around half a dozen of my guns the rest are really being held onto for sentimental reasons. Moving house next year so decided to start a reduction.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, scarecrow243 said:

the older stock looked a lot better

It is now that I oil finished it it was very plain before that. The newer stock is straighter grained and in the flesh looks a good bit better.

Below is a picture of the game stock before I oil finished it. Quite a difference.

A0EEC74B-88D0-48DD-BBD7-77AE25AA035C.jpeg

Edited by Konor

Gun off to Holts tomorrow. Potential bargain for someone in the sealed bid sale. Action barrels and wood all perfect no cracks pits or faults and all working perfectly. Never misfired ,sad to see it go but I’ve more money invested in others so logic dictates I’m better off getting the use out of them instead.

On 24/04/2024 at 23:14, Konor said:

Quote.....but had the Police up today and they are insisting that my air rifles should be under lock and key ideally in a cabinet.  ..... insisting.!  Do you have people under the age of 18 in the house.?  As far as I know  that.....On 31 July 2023, a Statutory Instrument clarified the ‘reasonable precautions’ air weapons owners must take to safely store air weapons away from children. Whenever under 18s are present, air weapons must be stored securely, out of sight, and separately from ammunition.

Is their insistence due to you having minors in the house or is is just an excuse that theyre usingto pressurise you into reducing your collection.?

10 hours ago, Minky said:

Quote.....but had the Police up today and they are insisting that my air rifles should be under lock and key ideally in a cabinet.  ..... insisting.!  Do you have people under the age of 18 in the house.?  As far as I know  that.....On 31 July 2023, a Statutory Instrument clarified the ‘reasonable precautions’ air weapons owners must take to safely store air weapons away from children. Whenever under 18s are present, air weapons must be stored securely, out of sight, and separately from ammunition.

Is their insistence due to you having minors in the house or is is just an excuse that theyre usingto pressurise you into reducing your collection.?

He insisted that they should be under lock and key and not avaible to be accessed by my wife or a tradesman working in the house. He said that a change in the law applicable to Scotland occurred in 2016. I didn't agree but didn't dispute as I wasn't sure if the law had changed from what you have stated  I was happy to fit another cabinet but then decided to downsize as it made me reevaluate having so many Shotguns  that are rarely used I will be contacting the department to have it clarified now the air rifles are in the cabinet. There were a couple of things I wasn't happy about and will mention those too. The need to notify when acquiring another cabinet, for inspection, was one. Son not living with us now 30 and house of his own and no minors 

Edited by Konor

I don't know if the law in Scotland is any different to the above quote. This is a gòod classic case of plod making it up as they go along. If it is this sort of thing needs to be challenged.  The ridiculous thing about all security is that when you leave your house the gun is just in a gunslip.

BASC says :

In Scotland: Airguns should be stored away from casual access at all times when not in use. While there is no legal requirement for them to be locked in a steel cabinet, necessary steps must be made to ensure that someone without a licence to possess an airgun cannot gain access to one.

A firearms officer 'could' interperet that as being 'locked in a cabinet' as 'neccesary' in your circumstances, however you may have a counter argument that says he is being 'overly cautious'.
You need to ask his reasoning.

2 hours ago, miki said:

BASC says :

In Scotland: Airguns should be stored away from casual access at all times when not in use. While there is no legal requirement for them to be locked in a steel cabinet, necessary steps must be made to ensure that someone without a licence to possess an airgun cannot gain access to one.

A firearms officer 'could' interperet that as being 'locked in a cabinet' as 'neccesary' in your circumstances, however you may have a counter argument that says he is being 'overly cautious'.

Checked today Miki. As you say non airgun certificate holders should not have unrestricted access to an airgun in Scotland so should be under lock and key. In the cabinet now as I have no lockable cupboard at home. 

Edited by Konor

7 hours ago, miki said:

BASC says :

So basically it is with an amount of reason but it is just chucking another ridiculous hoop into the situation.   Where does this all end.?  What about your gardening tools.?  A spade, a forķ, a hoe, in fact almost anything.  when you leave your house the  depth of security is the gun slip and as far as ammunition it is the cartridge bag or your pocket and as for that lethal airgun pellet, they are so utterly dangerous that they should only be issued 5 at a time and signed for. 

I think that there should be a consultation as to how many fruit pastels should be carried by anyone.   Now they can be very dangerous when launched out of a blow pipe. And consideration as to the secure storage of said fruit pastels.  In case minors might scoff them. 

Edited by Minky

12 hours ago, Konor said:

He made me reevaluate having so many Shotguns  that are rarely used I will be contacting the department to have it clarified now the air rifles are in the cabinet.

There were a couple of things I wasn't happy about and will mention those too. The need to notify when acquiring another cabinet, for inspection, was one. 

That feo was being a bit keen hound.  Down here in Kent ..A you don't know who your feo is and B...they don't answer phones or email or anything. You can wait any amount of time to get a renewal or a variation, one for one. Totally unprofessional.  And what do the supposed orgs do about it.. sweet nothing. A waist of fresh air. Oxygen thieves the lot of them. 

Edited by Minky

2 hours ago, Minky said:

That feo was being a bit keen hound.  Down here in Kent ..A you don't know who your feo is and B...they don't answer phones or email or anything. You can wait any amount of time to get a renewal or a variation, one for one. Totally unprofessional.  And what do the supposed orgs do about it.. sweet nothing. A waist of fresh air. Oxygen thieves the lot of them. 

The feo contacted me to advise me that my certificates were due for renewal with a list of the forms to fill in,referees to contact and GP form to fill out. He introduced himself via email and gave me a direct number and personal email  to contact him which I did. When I had sorted out the forms ,referees and GP I let him know and we agreed a suitable time to visit. Visit went smoothly but my air rifles and pistols were all in a ceiling to floor wardrobe and not locked away. He advised me that they should be locked away to restrict access to any non certificate holders and advised me to rig up a lockable cable system attached to a supporting wall which is the rear of the wardrobe as I had no lockable cupboards. I reckoned I could make room in the cabinets for all the air guns and said I’d sort it out. At the time I thought the law was that air weapons should be out of site , pellets stored separately and access to minors denied so I thought he was asking for security measures above what the law required. The visit made me question hanging on to guns that I use infrequently and so I made the decision to have 3 sent for auction which with the return of a .243 to a friend gave me space in the cabinets to comfortably accommodate all my rifles ,shotguns and air weapons. BASC confirmed the air weapon storage conditions today. In hindsight I feel that the feo acted professionally, made me aware of the law relating to the air gun storage and gave me suggestions to comply with the law without penalising me for non compliance. I’ve really no cause to complain and expect my new licences to be sent out to me the week before they are due to expire as advised by the feo. All’s well that ends well 👍
And top marks to BASC Scotland who returned my phone call to advise me of the Air gun storage regulations up here in Scotland. Do I agree with the air rifle licensing and accompanying regulations ? It would make a good topic for a new thread.

Edited by Konor