Got wet, had some great sport.

I've watched this field of standing wheat for five days. Today was the day to shoot it irrespective of the weather. 

We set up in a storm, got thoroughly drenched, then had great sport for two hours on a 20mph gusting wind.

Some pigeons decoyed, some drifted by but those within range were addressed in the appropriate manner.

We shot 78 and picked almost all of them. 

20240706_155429.jpg

Edited by JDog

7 minutes ago, pigeon controller said:

Well done that man.

After todays heavy rain there should be a fair bit of Wheat gone down , this year could well be a long drawn out harvest with the dryer coming into play .

P S .    Just seen the weather for next week and it is looking another wet week with below average temps .

P C ,  How is life treating you at the moment ? all good I hope :good:

10 hours ago, marsh man said:

After todays heavy rain there should be a fair bit of Wheat gone down , this year could well be a long drawn out harvest with the dryer coming into play .

P S .    Just seen the weather for next week and it is looking another wet week with below average temps .

P C ,  How is life treating you at the moment ? all good I hope :good:

Hi MM, following my stem cell transplant in February for which I was lucky as they do not normally consider people over 65 and I was 75 but I had fitness on my side. I’m in partial remission at present, my hair is growing back and I’m walking 5.5 miles a day. My medication is down to six a day but I do get tired.

I must thank Bunny_Blaster for taking me out on a few occasions recently as his official jinx as I have only  managed bags of 50 odd. I’m off to Greece for a month soon, but as I have no immune system I have to keep out of the sun. I have a sets of sun block clothing, the strange thing is most of it is “ Olive Green” .

I’m a positive person and my treatment has been going on for 18 months so far with my current cancer levels being acceptable so I intend to make the most of the stubbles if I can.

Apologies to JDog for hijacking his post with my reply.

24 minutes ago, pigeon controller said:

Hi MM, following my stem cell transplant in February for which I was lucky as they do not normally consider people over 65 and I was 75 but I had fitness on my side. I’m in partial remission at present, my hair is growing back and I’m walking 5.5 miles a day. My medication is down to six a day but I do get tired.

I must thank Bunny_Blaster for taking me out on a few occasions recently as his official jinx as I have only  managed bags of 50 odd. I’m off to Greece for a month soon, but as I have no immune system I have to keep out of the sun. I have a sets of sun block clothing, the strange thing is most of it is “ Olive Green” .

I’m a positive person and my treatment has been going on for 18 months so far with my current cancer levels being acceptable so I intend to make the most of the stubbles if I can.

Great news P C and I hope your progress continues .

I am sure Mr JDog won't mind us side tracking as we are all members of the over three score year and ten club :lol:

28 minutes ago, pigeon controller said:

It sounds like you are coping well with your treatment and I wish you the very best. I’m sure that JDog won’t mind the slight derailment of his thread and would be only too pleased that you are getting out for some shooting. Enjoy your break away in Greece.

Also well done JDog on a good result and fine report.

OB