bullying from lecturers at college,

flash

If you aks any of the lecturers / the dean etc etc what bullying is, they'll mention words like race, appearance etc. Whether you're messing in class or not, keeping on about your weight is bullying. People mention the legality of recording - so what if it's not legal.

Nor is a smack in the mush, but how many times has one of these stopped bullies in their tracks?

I'm not advocating violence of course, you've got too much to lose. I'm just making the point that if she can step outside of the rules, why shouldn't you level the playing field and do the same in getting the thing sorted??

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Outlaw
Is it possible that she thinks she is responding on a par with you as regards comments? If it was comments made by yourself or others that caused her to act in this way - as in trying to get along with all of you. The you need to speak to her on a one to one basis and explain that the comments she is directing at you are really hurtful and can she stop. You for your part need to respond in kind - by not being a part of any micky taking in the classes. If that is not the case - and she is genuinely being nasty to you in particular, then go and have a word with the student advisor - that is partly why they are there - to act as a mediator between students and lecturers who are experiencing difficulties. As someone else said earlier, there is some good advice on here and there is some light hearted as well. Just be careful you don't end up taking advice that makes the situation worse. As regards recording someone's conversation without their knowledge, not sure about legalities but it is against their human rights if you intend to benefit from this in any way. Leave it for the college authorities to deal with recordings - don't get involved in it yourself. Good luck mate.

TPushkin :good:

This is very similar to my advice and I would use this and my advice as the best course to take.

I am only commenting because I as a tutor had to bring procedings against another tutor that stole a mobile phone and planted it in the work area of an ADHD student I was supporting.

The ADHD student was seen as disruptive and they (other tutors) wanted him out.

Under my supervision he completed a 2 year NVQ 2 course in carpentry and joinery in 18 months.

He became popular in the class and managed to come off his Ritalin

The thieving tutor was seen stealing the phone and we all worked it out as to what was happening and then stalked him until he tried to plant it then we acted.

I would not give you any advice other than the right advice as this could turn out to be a very serious situation.

Remember you not only have your education at stake but also the tutors employment.

Think very carefully before you make any rash decisions.

If you need any further help by all means contact me through the usual channels.

I can give you direct guidance via the Further Education service which I still have close contact with.

Tony

Recording her is not illegal as stated but unless she KNOWS she is being recorded you cannot use that recording as evidence nor will any tribunal, the Dean etc accept it as proof. In fact, if the Dean has anything about him he will refuse to listen to it. Best to try and clear the air with the Tutor involved as she may think you are OK with her approach to teaching (one of the boys etc). Politely explain to her that you find it offensive and ask her to stop. IF she derides you, then you have no alternative but to go to the top and explain what is happening and what you have done about it. It won't do any harm to ask if your classmates are aware you find it offensive but don't try to influence them in what they say. If you do things in the right manner, it is you who will be seen as having behaved correctly and tried to sort it out at classroom level. Good luck and don't let this go on too long for both your sake and the Tutors.

i would definately record it. and try to have every thing done spot on for her as to not give her any reason to give ya punishments etc. wat bout giving her some smart comments back? there was a teacher who was always a smart *** at school and when we gave him a smart answer back he didnt like it. if not try talking to some of your friends about it to see what they say. any way hope your not taking it too heart dont beat yourself up about it. **** her!!

It could be that all the folk we are supporting here are the actual ****holes in the first place; covering up their own laziness!

I assume you are talking about the OP. I would be quite happy for those kids messing about and disrupting class to be smacked round the head, kicked out of the lesson, caned, expelled or whatever. But to bully someone from a position of responsibility is unacceptable, particularly over something like personal appearance that can scar a person's self image for life.

It could be that all the folk we are supporting here are the actual ****holes in the first place; covering up their own laziness!

I assume you are talking about the OP. I would be quite happy for those kids messing about and disrupting class to be smacked round the head, kicked out of the lesson, caned, expelled or whatever. But to bully someone from a position of responsibility is unacceptable, particularly over something like personal appearance that can scar a person's self image for life.

An eye for an eye....

I think FC enjoyed his time as a teacher :angry:

I certainly did enjoy it! 42 years of Maths and Science in secondary education! Unfortunately, judging by the apalling syntax and spelling on this site, and those using hackneyed phrases like 'Those who can....', in a parrot fashion, some of you are using the wrong orifice and know little about a teacher's lot.

Children are the most cruel of God's creatures. Fortunately, I never suffered from it.

I respected my flock and they reciprocated. Some of my ex-pupils are shooting buddies, now in their 30's, 40's and 50's - and I'm not talking about clay scores! :yes:

I will add that some of the violent suggestions made for this situation, which include the use of firearms and arson, makes me wonder what damage is being done to our shooting sports.

FC

An eye for an eye....

Nice mature attitude for an adult in a position of authority over minors.

i spoke to her, and her imediate reaction was that it was only in jest. in her opinion it may have been, but to me and everyone else it seemed unapropriate, which is what i told her. she said sh understood me, and will not do it again.

but on a similar note, this lecturer was taking my mates course down the farm to look at habitats, and one of my mates kicked a bit of water at another, to which she shouted " come here before i knock you the **** out". and if thats not an appropriate thing to say, i really dont know what is.

so hopefully this should end

thanks for all the advice guys, ill update you if anything changes.

cheers

flash

at first i was going to say take a step back and look at the situation,

just to make sure your not over reacting(we sometimes do).

but then i thought,the way things are with being PC and bullying

this woman is completely wrong and should be setting an example.

if you could get classmates to back you up that would be great,

but take the others advice and go to the top.

hope you get sorted

AL