SPEEDING

ME

On Tuesday 2nd October I was out visiting clients in Hertfordshire.

I decided to come back to the office down the A120 (dual carriageway) from the M11.

The A120 is a lovely new stretch of road, straight and totally empty apart from a few old duffers in Nissan Micras.

I am in the fast lane, I have got the cruise control stuck at 75 MPH and all is good in the world. Suddenly one of the old duffers in a Micra indicates and pulls out straight away (without using his rear view mirror) causing me to brake hard and let him continue with his manoevre.

As soon as the road in front is clear I slam my foot down on the gas in a rage and I am doing around 100 MPH, just then I look up and there are two coppers on top of a bridge pointing a laser gun thing at me - "Oh golly" I said !! :yes:

Anyways, just to share with you, I got the letter through today and I was clocked at 92 MPH - DOH !! :lol:

Court date on 18th December - nice !!! :good: Happy Christmas !

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 Points and £60 fine - I predict (unless there is something you aren't telling us)

I also predict The Pelt Man / Dougie will be along soon to comment :good:

I got done in exactly the same way years ago, I was speeding, properly for about 400 yards and the measured the time between 2 bridges.

Very frustrating but there you go - do the crime, do the time....

It sounds like a short ban may be in your future.

Forget the mitigation plea, there is no such thing in Braintree Magistrates Court.

I got banned for doing 103 mph on the M25 in Essex at 1am on an empty road, about 15 vears ago.

My Solicitor stood up and said "Cranfield has a factory in Kent, one in Manchester and Depots in Scotland, he needs his car to travel to these locations, employees jobs could be at risk (the last bit was OTT)"

The Magistrate replied, "if he is that important, I am sure he can employ someone to drive him around for four weeks".

It was such a brilliant comeback, that I nearly applauded. :good:

Guest The Outlaw

My road angel that I mentioned has a laser detector and it also tells you of accident black spots and where there is likley to be a risk like schools and such.

Very useful bit of kit.

I have bought two units from Pirate at £50 each second hand.

I have one so does the Calam.

Tony

Guest The Outlaw
Do those Road Angel things pick up the hand held radars and the van cameras or just fixed ones?

I've seen chemicals which block your number plate, you can see it with the naked eye but behind a camera its blurred, comes in spray form.

The only problem is............its illegal!

Yes they do and you can log sites on them that you see them using for future warnings.

This then gets uploaded when you next update your Road Angel.

We have the copact model with the laser detector mounted on top but there are some models with it built in.

It also warns you of site where the mobile cameras frequent.

Tony

Do those Road Angel things pick up the hand held radars and the van cameras or just fixed ones?

I've seen chemicals which block your number plate, you can see it with the naked eye but behind a camera its blurred, comes in spray form.

The only problem is............its illegal!

Yes they do and you can log sites on them that you see them using for future warnings.

This then gets uploaded when you next update your Road Angel.

We have the copact model with the laser detector mounted on top but there are some models with it built in.

It also warns you of site where the mobile cameras frequent.

Tony

Sounds like a good piece of kit to have, next stop halfords.

Couple of options

www.beatthespeedtrap.org

I get emails from these guys regularly and they have a device which is updated daily as the police have to give 7 days notice of intended mobile speed trap locations so if you update it once a week it will give you pretty much full cover of cameras and mobile sites. There is also a device they do whicih detects lasers and while it will (if not already be illegal to use) its not illegal to buy one.

They also have letters available for a smallish fee which are apprently written by a lawyer and they think they are pretty guaranteed to get you off, can't vouch for them as never tried them but might be worth a shot for £20 or so.

Finally although too late now i always keep an eye on bridges in the distance and if there is any sign of a parked white van or even queuing traffic I'm not sure about I will slow down. Worth baring in mind.

92mph is very unlikely to result in a ban, I think a previous thread mentioned 96mph as a cut off (although depends if you've been naughty in the past) and 100mph being a ban. (Edit - sorry assuming it's a national speed limit as al4x says)

Finally although too late now i always keep an eye on bridges in the distance and if there is any sign of a parked white van or even queuing traffic I'm not sure about I will slow down. Worth baring in mind.

I was done by a van on a bridge from 864 metres away, not even a sporting chance......Nice photo though, their camera technology produces really sharp images......

Guest The Outlaw

I know a chap that not only got done for speeding but also cautioned for abusive behaviour because he put his middle finger up as he was photographed speeding.

Great pic.

I will post it when I can as I wont see him for a while.

Tony

I know a chap that not only got done for speeding but also cautioned for abusive behaviour because he put his middle finger up as he was photographed speeding.

Great pic.

I will post it when I can as I wont see him for a while.

Tony

do that now and you will get convicted of careless driving.No chance of driving away from that one :good: you will have to walk ....

Unlucky ! Sounds like they are going to make you "bite the pillow."

My number plate once fell off my car . Dodgy things those screws , coming undone all the time !

all the best yis yp :lol:

SCREW SCREWS most plates are fixed on now with double sided tape.. bloody cheap skates.!! :good::yes::lol:

Chaps I have already put those very same questions to my client.

Provided it was dual carriageway and a 70 mph limit then he will be okay - best case 3 points and a whopping fine, worst case 5 points and a fine.

Most likely 4 points and £300.

That being said, all of the above could have been administered by post either on the fixed penalty scheme or other means of pleading guilty by post and mitigating on the rear of the form.

A non refusable request to share the pleasure of your company with the bench at the magistrates court does normally signify that you should not drive to Court on that particular occasion.