the price of lead

Ears

Have you all looked at the price of cartridges in the last ten days or so, they have all gone up yet again. the price of lead is now starting to get silly. i know we have to import the stuff. but surley there must be away to reduce cartridge prices and start putting the complaints back to the cartridge companies. i believe its round £3000.00 per tonne. ( New Lead )

RC Sipe 32g 6 shot now £200.00 per thousand. this is becoming the new average price. :stupid:

please reply with your constructive veiws.

Have you all looked at the price of cartridges in the last ten days or so, they have all gone up yet again. the price of lead is now starting to get silly. i know we have to import the stuff. but surley there must be away to reduce cartridge prices and start putting the complaints back to the cartridge companies. i believe its round £3000.00 per tonne. ( New Lead )

RC Sipe 32g 6 shot now £200.00 per thousand. this is becoming the new average price. :stupid:

holmfirth shooting ground in yorkshire prices £130 per 1000 for 7.5 fibre victory.

£110 per 1000 for steel shot hull cartridges

i use saga 9s & 7 1/2s at £133 per thou

claybusters 7 1/2s £124 per thou.

you are being done.

I think you'll see its $3000 a tonne

just found this post on usenet to do with the price of lead.

Well as I said on 15th November, the wholesale price is dropping, so

things should improve. Since then it has gone down another USD0.24 per

pound to USD1.37. The price has been falling steadily since mid October

when it peaked at USD1.80/pound.

Or to put it another way, the lead for 1000 28gm cartridges was £54.60 at

wholesale rates in mid October, and it is now £41.53.

I was using rc sipe 32g 5 and was something over £200 per thousand so i have now changed and am about to try some rio carts they are something like £150 per thousand so i hope they are just as good.

i just hope the prices go down soon as i am beginning to use more carts, as im doing more shooting.

just found this post on usenet to do with the price of lead.

Well as I said on 15th November, the wholesale price is dropping, so

things should improve. Since then it has gone down another USD0.24 per

pound to USD1.37. The price has been falling steadily since mid October

when it peaked at USD1.80/pound.

Or to put it another way, the lead for 1000 28gm cartridges was £54.60 at

wholesale rates in mid October, and it is now £41.53.

I have it on good authority that the current 'situation' will exist for another two years. Are you talking 'ingots' or finished leadshot?

Oil/energy/labour are other factors. Oil for plastic cases, wads, transport of said items. Steel for cartridge heads. (These have just 'gone up'). Lead may come down in price quite a lot but shells won't follow suit.