Rottweiller kills one year old lad

migster

nope SS not entirely true, a few of the dogs that were banned under the Dangerous dogs act were liable to attack just from pure instinct and needed nothing to teach them.

Otherwise you're mostly right the problem is big dogs can kill babies by simply playing with them without any malice involved. We did after all have a dog licence years ago very similar to the Game license you paid got the bit of paper and job done, If you went the whole hog you would need a system like that for shotgun licensing with home visits etc which lets face it is never going to happen due to the sheer cost involved and would seriously impact on any of us who wanted a dog as it would be very hard to restrict it to certain breeds.

Horse passports were instigated because horses can enter the Human food chain so Brussels wants to know what medications horses have had over their lifetime, I don't know many people who think its a good thing and certainly there are ways round having one.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because you can't rob a sub post office with a sawn off dog.

LOL - just looked at the Sun : plenty mentalists.

you can.

try standing in the queue at argos witha dog with its limbs missing. people do NOT mess with you. try it. honest to God. admittedly the haul is not always greater than the cost of a new dog. A cat may just do it on pension day perhaps, but relly for impact, a marmalised wolfhound just makes them hand over the money.

Daschunds may be used in middle class banks.

JDF

P.S the above may not really work. BUT: if it does first dibs on the moolah

Why does a member of the public need a Rotwieler?

blackpowder

What sort of question is that :/ you most be a SUN reader to. Look at the facts not the ******** in the papers. You are obviously not a dog owner are you ??? Or if so maybe it's a PINK POODLE :/:lol: now they bite aswell :lol::lol:

For obvious reasons you know what breed I own, I also have a Staffy bitch. Picked them up on the same day almost 2 years ago. Never had a problem with them, the kids are more of a problem than the dogs (constantly had to moan at the 13 year old lad for putting his face near the dogs, but sorted now, amazing how a lack of pocket money or xbox 360 access focuses the teenage mind).

I`ve taught the kids to be dominant over the dogs, took a while to get them over the "oh so cute" bit,

but thats down to education & perseverance.

I don`t believe all rotties are bad but like any breed the owner should be suitable to the dog, they should be capable of giving the dog every requirement it needs & if they can`t they shouldn`t own them (in a perfect world). My Staff bitch will play with any dog that will join in even though a terrier tried to attack her, it came off worse because the girlfriend put it into orbit. I`ve come across the said dog since & it`s owner & it`s obvious why the dogs the way it is, the owner is pathetic. His mannerisms & voice do not show who is the boss, but the dog makes sure everybody knows who is. Its scenarios like this that show how an animal can be affected by it`s owner.

My Bully is a very laid back dog, he likes to approach dogs at his own pace & not theirs. He quiet literally runs away from dogs that approach to fast. He doesn`t show any aggression, he just likes to do things at his own speed. My Bully is not typical of the breed, most Bullies are very confident & also full on with people on their home patch but ignorant off it (unless kids are about because they love them) they`re quiet possibly the most stubborn dog breed as well & definitely not for the weak willed(a lot of patience is required). My Bully just goes to his bed when we have visitors, he`ll have a sniff but then goes his own way. My bitch is the opposite, very full on & wanting to be involved in everything.

By the way these 2 breeds are the only breeds recommended for steadiness around kids by the kennel club.

Whilst any death caused by a dogs is a tragedy, when put into perspective (there is around 7 million dogs in this country) the level of deaths caused by dogs is inordinately low but the press can sell a lot of papers by bleating about furry creatures with big teeth attacking people(after all we don`t have crocs, bears or big cats). Anything to pander to peoples deepest darkest fears.

Salisbury keeper you obviously don`t know much about Pit Bulls, they have many uses other than just killing things. They make excellent cattle dogs due to having the strength, tenacity, speed & intelliegence to be able to take cattle down & hold them till the cow hand arrives (without killing them) amongst other things. The Pit Bull was the most popular breed in the US during the 1920`s, you`ll probably be surprised at how numerous they are in the UK now regardless of the ban.

Somebody said that the dog license worked well in Northern Ireland & that it should be brought back in on the mainland (words to that effect), this is the same Northern Ireland that has the biggest dog fighting fraternity in North West Europe that supplies most of the illegal Pit Bulls to the UK, seems to have worked really well doesn`t it ! More like a money making excercise for the government.

The only things wrong with some dog breeds are some dog owners & some poor quality dog breeders.

For those of you who are holding up the German dog legislation as the way forward just bare in mind

how many dogs were destroyed by government vets. 99:9% of which had done nothing wrong but belong to a breed that was suddenly banned. The various incidence such as a Bull Terrier being beaten then doused in petrol & set alight because it was thought it was a Pit Bull. The owners who were terrorised by fools who believed the dogs they owned were Pits (actually Bullies). It went on & on, dogs battered to death in the street because their type was not disimilar to Pits etc, etc, etc. So to my train of thought the German way of doing things is not a shining light to be upheld.

Why does a member of the public need a Rotwieler?

blackpowder

Why does a member of public need a shotgun?

An old Jimmy Tarbuck joke goes

When he was doing a show in Liverpool he parked his car and

while walking in a snotty nosed kid walks up and says

" I'll watch ya car for a fiver".

No thanks says Jimmy I've got a Rottweiller in the back looking after it.

"It can put out fires then can it" the kid replies.

taz