Nice end to the year

Topgunners

Hi All

Sunday morning only myself and alan were out and about as the young lad decided to stay in bed.

We set offf on our usual recce on all the rape fields we shoot on but nothing very much at all was on the ground feeding.

Decided to go for a BREKKIE .

EEEEK!!!!

SHUT? SHUT?. I am not very happy now as no "snap" was made today so ended up with a McDonalds breakfast.

We then decided to nip over to a farm a few miles away where the farmer said he had seen a lot of pigeons feeding on the CLOVER.

When we arrived we drove round numerous fields and lifted 100's of pigeons from every field.

The plan of action was to set up two hides 3-4 fields away from each other and whoever was getting the most shooting; the other one would join him.

I set up first with 20 deeks and a magnet.

Within a few minutes I had my fiirst bird and then had them regularly dropping in or flying past and after a couple of hours I had shot 30+ when alan arrived in the field and sat and watched me for a while.

I had some lovely shots, 5 x double-deckers and then Alan came and joined me in the hide.

We had a steady flow of birds and just before we packed up I got the camera out to take a couple of video shots.

As you can see by the video. Alan's bird (2nd video)was a " MEGA SHOT".

Lovely high bird ; dead in the sky.

Top Shot!!!!!!!

:good:

We picked up 52 Pigeons from my hide and 2 blackies. Alan had shot 7 earlier and 1 blackie and 5 birds not picked up.

Total 64 pigeons.

We then had to fly across country to meet with the lad on a lake for some Goose shooting.

But no joy last night on the geese. they just didn't come in.

Had a very good year this year with a few very, very quiet spells but some very enjoyable shooting and carried out our pest control for the farmers to the best of our ability.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL

PERSEVERE and you WILL succeed.

IMG_0060_edited.jpg

IMG_0058_edited.jpg

Pigeons

THIS you must see.

Pigeon2

Dave,Alan,Jack & Alex

Dave, I wasn't going to spill the beans but what the heck, Alan is using laser guided cartridges :lol::lol::lol:

I went into work today to prepare some rabbits and I had this 8 minute message on my ansaphone with just the sound of someone setting up a hide and I fairly confident it was you with your speakerphone on so look forward to next months mobile bill :cry1:

Good shooting the pair of you :good:

LB

Dave, I wasn't going to spill the beans but what the heck, Alan is using laser guided cartridges :yay::yay::lol:

I went into work today to prepare some rabbits and I had this 8 minute message on my ansaphone with just the sound of someone setting up a hide and I fairly confident it was you with your speakerphone on so look forward to next months mobile bill :lol:

Good shooting the pair of you :yay:

LB

BIG GOB! :lol:

Now I gotta work overtime as I am sure the orders will come rolling in for our special cartridges.

and if you answered ur bloody phone. :birthday: :birthday: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phone bill is winging its way to yours . PAY PROMPTLY or I might get cut off.

Dave K

• 2 months later...

Yeah a very good days shooting fellas, :lol:

that clover can prove very productive sometimes, certainly did for you two. Great bag and nice shot, :lol: how many newand old to the sport stop moving thier barrels on a shot like that when they pull the trigger and miss it... Fair few I reckon. :stupid::lol::lol: "me today"

Well done.