How many Pigeons are shot by PW members 2008

Suffolk shooter

As there isn't a sticky thread already I thought I'd start a new one.

Spent Sunday fixing an old scope onto my Daystate X2 as the decent one has broken somehow and needs sending back to get fixed. Well this morning was the first chance I have had to test it out after zeroing and am lucky to have a field of rape at the bottom of the garden that the pigeons have been hammering constantly for the last three weeks twice a day.

Finally they have been reduced to an area immediately at the back of mine and I sneakily opened the patio doors and took aim on a Woodie and aiming on the eye squeezed off an .22 Air Arms Hunter smack just behind the eye, no flapping, straight down.

Paced it out at 31 yards from house to where it lay.

So total is 1 :oops:

Here's hoping many more will fall.

SS

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again

Anti fodder, pure and simple reports on a good day are one thing running totals are begging for trouble :good:

I dont agree with this for recording the amount of pigeons shot. We stopped the running total of wildfowl shot by members which i can understand, but the the running total of pigeons, as they are vermin, should continue i think. If we cant simply add up the pigeons shot by mebers without thinking about the dredded antis then there getting the better of us- SOD THEM!!!

1 so far for me this year

TOTAL 30

Here we go again

Anti fodder, pure and simple reports on a good day are one thing running totals are begging for trouble :lol:

I dont agree with this for recording the amount of pigeons shot. We stopped the running total of wildfowl shot by members which i can understand, but the the running total of pigeons, as they are vermin, should continue i think. If we cant simply add up the pigeons shot by mebers without thinking about the dredded antis then there getting the better of us- SOD THEM!!!

1 so far for me this year

TOTAL 30

A bold and valid point Jonny and also totally right in a normal world, but the world is no longer normal,

I suspect I have as much experience of anti as many in fact we have a Police case pending right now for death threats made, and whilst I agree we are doing nothing wrong and the concept is great you need to look to the big picture. Bag totals are very useful for us to demonstrate and defend our own corner (in private with others) but can just as easily be used and manipulated by others with malicious intent.

In no way do I wish to poo poo the good success of PW members, I just want the wider community who may not have Anti trouble to try to understand how they think!

These people buy every shooting mag and paper and work out who is shooting when and where and how many, a good bag return may put you in the spot light and if you think theses people cant find out all about you think again!

I am not trying to scare munger, just acting on common sense which I hope will come across, we have already had PW facts and figures printed I believe and it’s a sorry old world when others want to persecute a perfectly legal country pursuit, however the facts are there and we can take heed or have our own Ammo turned against us,

If you wish to come out on a guest flight some time to get a taste of what they get up to please PM me, I for one do not wish to give them any advantage, like I say its great to see good bags and success on the day and if they want to work out a bag from that at least make them work for it

Whilst I appreciate what’s happening to us may seem very distant from you and others it’s a small world and just as we have a community of shooting friends we info share with so has Anti!

Sorry to seem to Hijack SS post, PM sent

thanks for listening :good: