new gun today

viking

well last week got my sgc and today i got my first shotgun, after looking about for an hour then trying some out with the gun fitter for nearly another hour we decided on the 686e, £1095 from kelbrook shooting lodge and thats the cheapest i could find it, it fits like a glove and i cant wait to use it tomorrow, i also got a cleaning kit to and i was just wondering how often i should be cleaning it as i forgot to ask the bloke, im thinking of getting a semi auto to as i saw a nice second hand beretta al391 for £690, would that be a good choice and a decent price, dont really want to be paying anymore than that for a rough gun,

all coments wellcome, thanks, Lee

Only two hours looking at guns...you havent lived yet mate!! :lol: I think I probably but hundreds of hours into researching, searching and trying my guns...but that said I am a bit of a tight wad!! :lol:

AL391 is a great semi - you certainly won't go wrong with one. I bought mine secondhand privately about a year ago for £500. If you want it may be worth asking njc110381 about his, as he was looking to sell it for ~£600 if my memory serves me right (think it may have been the 3.5" chambered version). He may be some distance from you but you could do the deal by sending it through your RFD's.

• 1 month later...

Talking of the 686E what would people recommend for general use? Im stuck between the 686E sporting and the 687 Silver pigeon S.

What is the main advantage of the 686 sporter over the silver pigeon as its more expensive? Do you really need a sporter to become good at clays?

I have the 686E 30" adjustable stock multichoke, have had it for about 18 months now, and it has shot:

English Skeet (Reg & Non)

NSSA Skeet (Non reg)

English Sporting (Reg & Non)

DTL (Non reg)

Sportrap (Non reg)

Pigeons

Pheasants

Partridges

My point here is that the gun is great, with minor changes to the gun (chokes & bead specifically) it will shoot at more or less anything (and depending on the geezer at the stock end - hit it too!), and it never plays up.

Great all round gun, can't reccomend it highly enough.

As for cleaning, after EVERY shooting session if you're a stickler like me (well, almost every time!), or every couple at the least.

Stu

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

Just to warn you I bought a Beretta Silver Pigeon 4 from Kelbrook shooting school around the same time as you. It keeps going faulty and now it turns out that the gun is a grey import with no warranty from Beretta UK (GMK). I have owned the gun for a little over 8 weeks however have only had it for 4 of those weeks due to repair times. It has never worked properly and now Kelbrook are refusing to give me a full refund.

It is probably just worth you checking with GMK if your gun is a true UK model with a warranty. I even sent off the extended warranty form but when I spoke to GMK they said this wasn't valid as it wasn't a UK gun.

Thomas

Lee

To add insult to injury the guy at Kelbrook shooting school said he would give me a cheque for £100 less than I had paid then he would just sell the gun as second hand. He even said this with a shop full of customers.

I resisted the urge to lose my temper however I'll make sure I let as many people as possible know how this guy works.

I'm seeking some legal advice tomorrow morning as I believe I'm entirely within my rights to ask for a full refund. If anyone here can point me in the right direction it would be really helpful. This is just agro that I don't need for what should be a quality reliable gun.

The only way to check is either with whoever you bought it from or by calling GMK themselves.

Thomas

thomas,

im not sure about guns but im sure there the same, but if ever i buy something i take it back, and i wont let them repair it i either ask for a replacment or my money back as you have falty good, check out the sale of good act, people like that just tell you what they want you to believe and can sometimes sound convincing, best thing to do is have a look at the sale of goods act, and then get in touch with your local citezens advise beuro, i would like to meet you at kellbrook one day and see if i cant chanhe his mind, things like this make my blood boil, let me know how you get on this could be interesting,

rgs, lee

sale of goods act :good:

just had a thought, i would ring him up and tell him if he dosnt give you a full refund you will have a couple of your mates pop up one day for a shoot and **** all his auto traps up and that will cost him alot more than the £100 he is trying to do you out of

lee

And what if he wants to keep his SGC?

• 2 weeks later...

Viking

Oh dear, it does look like you overstepped the mark, especially by making such threats and insinuations against a named person or business.

Remember that the forum is open to the public, and anyone can read what you have written, even plod. They need not necessarily have been tipped off, you did quite a good job yourself.

If you value your SGC, a decent solicitor may just be able to save it, but I would NOT hold my breath or count the pennies.

Looks like you broke the rules, and are now about to pay the price.

webber

I think there is no doubt that Viking is just a wind up merchant!!.. has nobody noticed his spelling was ok in the first few posts he made then how it had got really bad in his last few posts re, losing his licence, making out he was a unstable individual who should not have had a licence anyway, Ok Joke over he should be Banned as in my opinion, He is just an Anti, who is trying to make us all who shoot, look as if we are bad people. BAN THE TROLL. :lol::lol:

Edited by berettaman1

I think there is no doubt that Viking is just a wind up merchant!!.. has nobody noticed his spelling was ok in the first few posts he made then how it had got really bad in his last few posts re, losing his licence, making out he was a unstable individual who should not have had a licence anyway, Ok Joke over he should be Banned as in my opinion, He is just an Anti, who is trying to make us all who shoot, bad people. BAN THE TROLL. :yes::yes:

Public flogging :yp: