Big Cats in the british countryside

salisburykeeper

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would deem the bet won or lost?

The other members of this forum

as your idea of proof is a mile away from my idea and most normal peoples idea of proof( ie its a government,police,mod,defra,basc cover up,but it did happen cos its on the internet)If its placed on betfair it would all be above board and adjudicated by them.You are the one full of hot air running around screaming "big cat" "big cat"and the onus of proof is on you not me,as it stands they dont exist,FACT.

Is the a FACT in the real world or your world that has a different colour sky to the one the rest of us inhabit

And until REAL proof is provided to the contrary that fact will remain a fact.

What do you constitute as REAL proof then

On the other hand if i get mugged tonight by a lion wearing a hoodie i will of course apologise and say"you werent a nutter and you were right"

BUt if it's not wearing a hoodie you will cover it up then and deny it haqppened

until then as it stands factually speaking there are no tigers,lions,cheetas,panthers etc in the wild in the uk and anyone that says they have seen a black puma is a liar.

Shall I take it then you are not prepared to put your money where your mouth is

Edited by fullbore

Who would deem the bet won or lost?

The other members of this forum

as your idea of proof is a mile away from my idea and most normal peoples idea of proof( ie its a government,police,mod,defra,basc cover up,but it did happen cos its on the internet)If its placed on betfair it would all be above board and adjudicated by them.You are the one full of hot air running around screaming "big cat" "big cat"and the onus of proof is on you not me,as it stands they dont exist,FACT.

Is the a FACT in the real world or your world that has a different colour sky to the one the rest of us inhabit

And until REAL proof is provided to the contrary that fact will remain a fact.

What do you constitute as REAL proof then

On the other hand if i get mugged tonight by a lion wearing a hoodie i will of course apologise and say"you werent a nutter and you were right"

BUt if it's not wearing a hoodie you will cover it up then and deny it haqppened

until then as it stands factually speaking there are no tigers,lions,cheetas,panthers etc in the wild in the uk and anyone that says they have seen a black puma is a liar.

Shall I take it then you are not prepared to put your money where your mouth is

How much money?and where do you want me to put it?How long are you talking until the bet finishes and i collect?What sort of cats are you talking about?The confirmation of evidence would have to come from 1 of the organisations you think is in cahoots with the devil ie defra,basc,government so it wouldnt work with you being a paranoid conspiricy nut.I dont think asking on a forum would constitute proof and it wouldnt be very scientific would it or was that one of the subjects you skipped at school along with the common sense class and instead just gazed out the window looking at the lions.

How much money?

How much do you want?

and where do you want me to put it?

The moderators can hold it and my winnings can go to the running of this site

How long are you talking until the bet finishes and i collect?

A time deemed fair by both of us

What sort of cats are you talking about?

As said before any non indiginous species to this country

The confirmation of evidence would have to come from 1 of the organisations you think is in cahoots with the devil ie

Oh here we go with the insults because I dare to have an opinion different to yours, where did I say the were in league with the devil? Nowhere, thats another figment of your imagination

defra,basc,government

good enough for me

so it wouldnt work with you being a paranoid conspiricy nut.

I am most definately neither of these

I dont think asking on a forum would constitute proof and it wouldnt be very scientific would it or was that one of the subjects you skipped at school along with the common sense class and instead just gazed out the window looking at the lions.

Wow you really studied over time at the insults classes, especially when hiding behind a PC screen

How much money?

How much do you want?

and where do you want me to put it?

The moderators can hold it and my winnings can go to the running of this site

How long are you talking until the bet finishes and i collect?

A time deemed fair by both of us

What sort of cats are you talking about?

As said before any non indiginous species to this country

The confirmation of evidence would have to come from 1 of the organisations you think is in cahoots with the devil ie

Oh here we go with the insults because I dare to have an opinion different to yours, where did I say the were in league with the devil? Nowhere, thats another figment of your imagination

defra,basc,government

good enough for me

so it wouldnt work with you being a paranoid conspiricy nut.

I am most definately neither of these

I dont think asking on a forum would constitute proof and it wouldnt be very scientific would it or was that one of the subjects you skipped at school along with the common sense class and instead just gazed out the window looking at the lions.

Wow you really studied over time at the insults classes, especially when hiding behind a PC screen

Quite happy to come out from behind the screen fruitcake!!!

Your very own police force, or was this not the sort of government body you had in mind

Chief Insp John Thompson, of South West Northumberland Area Command, said: "We've had similar calls and sightings of a big cat in the four years I've been here.

"I've no reason to doubt there could be a big cat."

Sgt Eddie Bell, Durham Police's wildlife liaison officer, lives around seven miles from the farm at Whittonstall.

He estimates around 15 big cats are on the loose in the North East.

Chief Insp John Thompson, of South West Northumberland Area Command, said: "We've had similar calls and sightings of a big cat in the four years I've been here.

Sgt Eddie Bell, Durham Police's wildlife liaison officer, lives around seven miles from the farm at Whittonstall.

He estimates around 15 big cats are on the loose in the North East. Sgt BeLL has researched this subject for 15 years and also keeps a lynx at his home in Hexham

Edited by fullbore

The answer is yes - they do exist. I have some interesting stories - and they are fact.

First - Sitting at home watching TV with the lights off. See something black move from in front of my window in the garden. Too knackered to get off my *** - think nothing of it.

Next day - neighbour tells me there has been some sightings in an area about 6 miles north of where we stay. Still don't make the connection.

That evening - driving back home and here is this thing - blacker than black moving at the speed of light through a field. Managed to back up the car to see it dive into a bush - then no sign. Amazing.

So, after a bit of thought checked the garden - sure enough, a track in and a track out and an area well bedded down (in the weeds to my shame) where it was lying. No sign of the droppings - else I would've taken them to a vet.

........................ That's the first one............

Next day I was into the office and chating with a guy who hunts. He - no names here of course - saw a fox just outside of his shooting rights land and shot it. Left it there so as not to get into trouble. Kindly asked his wife to go during the day and pick it up while the farmer was away. She did, and was only able to find skin bones and kidneys.

They went to the vet with the carcass and the explanation was - must have been a cat - they don't eat the kidneys.

........................ And now for the clincher ............

The game keeper I go stalking with saw a big cat chasing a fox through the forest

So, if there are fewer foxes out there where you live - look out for a big black cat. They are leopard type creatures.

Aside from those three stories, a friend of mine has seen one also - says the one he saw looked sick - mangey, grey, mottled.

The neighbours friends had a horse killed - frontal attack - as you see lions do with their prey.

It all adds up. Hard to believe my own eyes still.

Consider too, that if you head to the jungle and look for them, where you KNOW they live. They are still so elusive.

Your very own police force, or was this not the sort of government body you had in mind

He estimates around 15 big cats are on the loose in the North East. But he believes a dog is more likely to blame.

Sgt BeLL ha sresearched this subject for 15 years and also keeps a lynx at his home in Hexham

I used to work at the hunt kennels for the braes of derwent foxhounds at whittonstall and we used to hunt all around that area and never did i hear anyone mention seeing a big cat or anything like it and that includes some of the police officers that regularly followed the hounds.I used to visit most of the local farms on a regular basis doing a knacker run for the hunt and none of the farmers ever mentioned seeing big cats either.Your post doesnt make sense "he estimates 15 big cats on loose,but believes a dog is more likely to blame"whats that supposed to mean?

I though people on this sight had grown up. Such a shame civilised debate has disapeared. I might not be old or wisened, versed or and intelect - but surely at a time where our lifestyle is questioned from all angles, it is not a time to have a petty argument and fling insults over a keyboard at each other on the subject of existance of wildcats in Britain.

Everyone of us is entitled to an opinion, be it right or wrong - that is why it is an opinion not a statement of fact.

[i used to work at the hunt kennels for the braes of derwent foxhounds at whittonstall and we used to hunt all around that area and never did i hear anyone mention seeing a big cat or anything like it and that includes some of the police officers that regularly followed the hounds.I used to visit most of the local farms on a regular basis doing a knacker run for the hunt and none of the farmers ever mentioned seeing big cats either.Your post doesnt make sense "he estimates 15 big cats on loose,but believes a dog is more likely to blame"whats that supposed to mean?

I dont understand your post either. If you are so well acquainted with the poce officers in your area you will know these two I have mentioned. They will be able to verify or otherwise what I have said, Just because they have not brought up the subject of big cats while you have been discussing the merits of the matabe,e gumbo bead as a currency wouldn't surprise me at all. You oviously have strange expectations for the way you expect a conversation to ebb and flow

I though people on this sight had grown up. Such a shame civilised debate has disapeared. I might not be old or wisened, versed or and intelect - but surely at a time where our lifestyle is questioned from all angles, it is not a time to have a petty argument and fling insults over a keyboard at each other on the subject of existance of wildcats in Britain.

Everyone of us is entitled to an opinion, be it right or wrong - that is why it is an opinion not a statement of fact.

If you read back through the posts I have been pleading for the petty insults to stop, just because someone doesnt share my views does NOT open them up for ridicule. Like you say, it is a shame that others dont have the same values or respect

I worked in forestry for many years and through that work witnessed lots of wildlife that many people would not see. In August about 15 years ago my self and a work mate were thinning 30 year old beach trees on an estate in Sussex, this particular wood was some miles away form civilisation, anyway at around 10.30 am we would stop work to have a drink, we were stood on what is known as the ride, or road between the blocks of trees chatting, when a large black cat crossed this ride about 70 feet from us, it stopped briefly looked at us then disappeared into the trees. We didn’t report the sighting one because no one believes you, two what the hell the cat didn’t wasn’t harming anyone, and we know what we saw

Quote: Fullbore

If you read back through the posts I have been pleading for the petty insults to stop, just because someone doesnt share my views does NOT open them up for ridicule. Like you say, it is a shame that others dont have the same values or respect

Fullbore, What are you talking about? You have been at it like a dog in heat about this. You have an opinion and just because people do not agree with it you like to argue. As for values & respect, what a joke. Offering to go to someones house ( and we all know what you meant ) is childish and shows the kind of mentality you have. Yes, it has been a heated discussion, but I don't see any other members lowering themselves like this. The simple fact is some believe and others don't. Why can't you see that your opinion isn't necessarily the right one and people can think what they like. Don't try to make out your whiter than white on this, cos you aint. Offering bets & fights is hardly a grown up and sensible way to have a discussion now is it?

To put the record straight, my only other post on this subject was indeed only my third post, I have never posted on this or any other forum before. It may have been contraversial to you, but thats my opinion and I AM entitled to post it also. Are you this paraniod with everyone who joins? Or do you have a problem with a womans point of view? After all, I'm just a big purring pussy cat!!! :good:

Edited by shootingwidow

Fullbore, What are you talking about? You have been at it like a dog in heat about this. You have an opinion and just because people do not agree with it you like to argue.

Argue yes, insult o, the insults were coming thick and fast from the opposite direction.

As for values & respect, what a joke. Offering to go to someones house ( and we all know what you meant )

No, you cannot possibly know what I meant, you do not know me, I'm 52 years old and way past rolling in the dirt

Yes, it has been a heated discussion, but I don't see any other members lowering themselves like this.

Please read the thread again and note the insults from other members

To put the record straight, my only other post on this subject was indeed only my third post, I have never posted on this or any other forum before. It may have been contraversial to you, but thats my opinion and I AM entitled to post it also. Are you this paraniod with everyone who joins? Or do you have a problem with a womans point of view?

Not at all, I have a wife and daughter. It was my opinion that you were one of the others under a different user id,

He estimates around 15 big cats are on the loose in the North East. Sgt BeLL has researched this subject for 15 years and also keeps a lynx at his home in Hexham

This is another bit of pointless "cut n paste"we have chief john thompson saying"weve had similar calls and sightings of a big cat in the four years ive been here"....they are just phone calls,they have probably had just as many saying "i have seen a bright light in the sky,is it a ufo"And then he gives what sounds like a standard police response"ive no reason to doubt there could be a big cat"This is sort of a politicians answer,it doesnt say there is,it doesnt say there isnt.

Then there is sgt eddie bell,durham police wildlife liason officer,who by the way i will have almost certainy met if he was in this role 18 year ago,or he lived at whittonstall then,as the village consists of 10 houses and the hunt kennels and a pub.I may know him by sight and his name does ring a bell,but dont know if he would have followed the hounds,any way i digress the bit and i mean "BIT" of the article you have cut n pasted is part of a full article that appeared in the hexham courant,about a farmer near hexham and the loss of five sheep to what the farmer thought may have been a big cat.The police attended and sgt eddie bell whent on to say(just one line down from where you have conveniently cut n pasted)"THE SHEEP WERE ALMOST CERTAINLY KILLED BY A DOG".Now mr bell may believe there are big cats and thats entirely up to him,he will probably admit he doesnt have any conclusive evidence to prove this point,but i am pretty sure if i said to him i think he is wrong he wont offer to come round my house and have a fight about it!

Your posts or should i say "rants" about this subject have got more bizzare as they have went along and i dont think betting or fighting is going to sort anything.Nearly all of your posts have been shot down as false, like the last one, and we could go around in circles all day.I dont think big cats exist in the uk......you are adamant they do.....officialy they dont,but that may change one day "IF" any are found,and if that day does ever come i will be the first to say i was wrong and you were right.

Now i suggest you go and have a cold shower and just chill!!!

Quite happy to come out from behind the screen fruitcake!!!

I travel that way often to visit our clubhouse in Sunderland I can drop in if you like

And they let you have a firearm :good::huh::good:

Now, now, keep it friendly and sensible, or someone will be sent to bed with no tea. :D

This topic always excites some deep conviction from both sides, just respect other peoples point of view and perhaps accept that you will have to agree to differ.

This is the first time I have bothered to look at this thread.

Wow 10 pages arguing on this?

Now that is funny.

Round our way there are stories of an eccentric millionaire who kept a small zoo at the back of his large country pad. I did see the eccentric about 20 years ago - he had a brown Rolls Royce and it looked like it was owned by The Gaffer (for those of you old enough to remember - actor Bill Maynard I think, I digress) - the hall mark for the car was that it was brand new and proper ****** - a rag hanging out of the car where a petrol cap should have been.

Anyways, in his end days he turned his zoo out. Ever since plenty of talk of wild cats and this that and the other. But, despite all the farms, shooters, stalkers and the Hunt (in the intervening period) nothing confirmed, shot or photographed.

My tuppence.

Now who wants to row about it :good:

This is another bit of pointless "cut n paste"we have chief john thompson saying"weve had similar calls and sightings of a big cat in the four years ive been here"....they are just phone calls,they have probably had just as many saying "i have seen a bright light in the sky,is it a ufo"And then he gives what sounds like a standard police response"ive no reason to doubt there could be a big cat"This is sort of a politicians answer,it doesnt say there is,it doesnt say there isnt.

A a police mean and a politician, both are governmebt representatives and therefore poeple whos word you said you would accept as proof

full article that appeared in the hexham courant,

I will have to take your word for that I found it through a big cat site

!

Your posts or should i say "rants" about this subject have got more bizzare as they have went along and i dont think betting or fighting

Whare did I mention fighting?:good:?:huh:? I think this is why your opinion is different, you read what you want to into everything, if you can show where I mentioned fighting I will be gobsmacked, Christ Im 52 years old and well past that rolling on the dirt stuff

is...officialy they dont,but that may change one day "IF" any are found,and if that day does ever come i will be the first to say i was wrong and you were right.

Well that will be very big of you, I look forward to it

Now i suggest you go and have a cold shower and just chill!!!

I reccomend you try tai chi and yoga with a bit of meditation thrown in

but all the cut and paste says is the wildlife officer believes the sheep were killed by a dog. There is the proof gone, the chief and he then go on to say they believe cats could be out there no where in that indicates any proof to me but I might be missing something

fullbore,i really cant be bothered to continue this debate with you any more as you are not a rational person and wont accept anything any body says unless it is in agreement with your bizzare opinion on the subject.As for saying that you didnt mean you were coming for a fight when you said "i can come and visit you" that is just another one of your weird rants that means one thing in your world and another in every one elses world,every one reading it knows exactly what you ment so dont try and be a clever **** and say it meant something else.

The article in the last post i replied about,you dont have to accept my word about it you can find it on the web as i did and as for accepting it as proof,ok i accept it,do you?The officer said it was not a big cat it was "almost certainly a dog"

By the way the publisher of the website you took it off"northumbria big cats" states on the website that "he is a keen ufo spotter" and has seen many ufo,s!!!That gives you some idea of what sort of person you are dealing with

fullbore,i really cant be bothered to continue this debate with you any more as you are not a rational person and wont accept anything any body says unless it is in agreement with your bizzare opinion on the subject.As for saying that you didnt mean you were coming for a fight when you said "i can come and visit you" that is just another one of your weird rants that means one thing in your world and another in every one elses world,every one reading it knows exactly what you ment so dont try and be a clever **** and say it meant something else.

The article in the last post i replied about,you dont have to accept my word about it you can find it on the web as i did and as for accepting it as proof,ok i accept it,do you?The officer said it was not a big cat it was "almost certainly a dog"

By the way the publisher of the website you took it off"northumbria big cats" states on the website that "he is a keen ufo spotter" and has seen many ufo,s!!!That gives you some idea of what sort of person you are dealing with

Its like ghosts though mate, you either believe or you don't.

Don't get me wrong I don't think the countryside is rife with them, like certain reports would suggest, but I do believe that there are a few dotted around.

Its nothing to get heated about though, after all this is the internet :rolleyes: