les roast beefs

tosspot

Ok guys, we are considering a house purchase in France

somewhere not too rural outskirts of small town, just a bolthole for the odd week or two and lets for friends ect

trawling sites in the Burgundy/Bourgogne region

does anyone on here have any experience of buying in France, and any recommendations for other regions, tips ect

cheers TP

Ron

I'm not sure but i suspect some one may have spiked your Tennants Super with some Tennants Super aka tramp juice :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you would be more than welcome to visit you could be our English Cultural Attache :angry::good::lol:

Hooray TP,I must admit I am now the UK,s double of Sir Les Patterson, Complete with various stains on my daily attire!!!Ie, Egg, soup, dinner, Bodily fluids etc, (But untill I take a DNA test I will deny I am the father!!) I am sorry, (you know who makes these terrible accusations about me, BUT WHAT CAN I DO? )I always sent him a 25 pence postal order every Xmas, during his childhood years, and now??? he makes these terrible remarks about me!!! AAAAAAAh, Oh well, a friend in need is a ----pain in the****. :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by berettaman1

:angry: tp , you are better going somewhere in the top third, towards the camargue, the weather is great. However if you dont want an 8 hour drive then Rennes is a nice region, depends what you want. Theres fishing everywhere in france, pick your region then explore it. :good:

Hey Bazza, Not a very good reply considering I tried to fix us all up with a week end of debauchery!!! Are you Wimping out now I have done the groundwork?? :lol::lol:

Ok guys, we are considering a house purchase in France

somewhere not too rural outskirts of small town, just a bolthole for the odd week or two and lets for friends ect

trawling sites in the Burgundy/Bourgogne region

does anyone on here have any experience of buying in France, and any recommendations for other regions, tips ect

cheers TP

Pete,

Me and the missus looked at moving lock stock to France a few years ago. I work with people from all over the world including China, Korea, Germany, USA, Holland so I rub along with all nations quite well and speaking a bit of French it seemed like a good idea. Luckily events overtook us and we stayed in the UK.

BUT..... (and this isnt your usual PW xenophobic rant that we sometimes see on here)

After spending four days with Parisiennes at Christmas (the season of goodwill) I can honestly say that they are the rudest, most unhelpful, arrogant, chain-smoking, queue-jumping nation of people that I have ever suffered. :good:

I can understand why people choose France for a second home as it is a quick hop across the channel, most people learn a bit of French at school and some places are quite cheap.........but the French really let France down.

It really depends what you are looking for from your second home but there are some great (cheap) alternatives. There are some real bargains to be had in Morocco and there are direct flights nowadays. Those market traders in Morocco would barter anything for a few camels - you might get a good deal on the missus and the dustbin lids ! :lol:

Good luck in your quest to find a "nice" part of France !!! :angry:

Matt

Edited by LV

Well,.... What can I say??? a lot of fence sitters on this thread tonight, Camon ,, Who wants a dirty weekend at toss pots Weekend Gaffe???....... Before you all slag me off, as usual I have had a tin or 8!!!, best wishes, your obedient servant---- who cares a toss?? :angry::good::lol:

Dirty weekend?.......isn't that what you get if you don't wash it for five days

Well,.... What can I say??? a lot of fence sitters on this thread tonight, Camon ,, Who wants a dirty weekend at toss pots Weekend Gaffe???....... Before you all slag me off, as usual I have had a tin or 8!!!, best wishes, your obedient servant---- who cares a toss?? :angry::good::lol:

Dirty weekend?.......isn't that what you get if you don't wash it for five days

Aaah DFB my friend, Why have you come on this thread?? I thought you would be down at the nearest church on your knees, saying thanks to Saint Kevin(Of The Permed Locks) for his wonderfull return , to take your great team up to its previous lofty place in the league..... Eeem I cant remember what year that was!!! But I am sure you will remind us!! good luck young DFB. :lol::lol:

Edited by berettaman1

Rue St Denis or Rue Rivoli may be your style :lol:

Shaun,

I did all that a few years ago with a mate from Oz. We spent four very boozy nights trawling the sleezy parts of Paris :good:

We found our level in the Guiness Rock Tavern in Paris. So to summise, thats an Englishman and and Aussie in an Irish bar in Paris, our karaoke drunken rendition of "Creep" by Radiohead went down a storm !!! :lol::lol:

When the missus picked me up outside Ashford station I was lying asleep on my suitcase on the pavement and someone had been sick down me !!!! :angry:

There wasn't much "Ooh La La" going on in our bedroom for a few weeks after that !!!!

LV

Edited by LV

Rue St Denis or Rue Rivoli may be your style :lol:

Shaun,

I did all that a few years ago with a mate from Oz. We spent four very boozy nights trawling the sleezy parts of Paris :good:

We found our level in the Guiness Rock Tavern in Paris. So to summise, thats an Englishman and and Aussie in an Irish bar in Paris, our karaoke drunken rendition of "Creep" by Radiohead went down a storm !!! :lol::lol:

When the missus picked me up outside Ashford station I was lying asleep on my suitcase on the pavement and someone had been sick down me !!!! :angry:

LV

Priceless mate. :lol:

Burgundy a good choice, Dijon a lovely city and not as touristy as other areas,the Poiteau Charente region on the West coast bout half way down does it for me and Mrs Owenwill, La Rochelle got to be one of the nicest places I've ever visited, having said that did Normandy last year and The Loire year before and both lovely but climate too similar to here, off to Eurodisney in car in few weeks and Dordogne in the summer, love the place, controversial I know, many frog haters on this site :good: but in all the years I've holidayed there I've mainly found freindly and courteous people, apart from when they're in a car or moped, complete ***** then,

Edited by Owenwill

Ron's been on the Ariel liquitabs.

He's done a few lines of Persil now and some Comfort chasers.

RON, that wasnt what the Mods meant by "clean up your act" !!!!!! :):lol:

Well what can I say LV is another young lad I have sent 25 pence postal orders to, all his formative years at XMAS!! Hhhmm If I come down to the competition it could be a family reunion,!! With him and Mung!! :good::P:birthday: Only joking Boys!! :good::):)