Any coppers out ther fancy doing me a favor

Lancs Lad

Some scum bag rear ended me the other day, wife and little uns in the car..........Only a gentle "shove" but they have cracked the rear bumper of me car.

Guy gave me name address, reg, phone number - but the letter for his insurance details came back as "moved out 7 months ago" and it looks like his car is uninsured after work has done a check on the MID.

Anyway that I can track this ******** down from his reg, moblie phone number..............

PMs most greatly appreciated........

Had a similar thing myself, told the fuzz they let me know that she had insurance as the named driver but couldn`t give details as there was a second, innocent, party and if I had been or anyone else in my car INJURED then they could have pursued it(whiplash can take 24hrs to set in).

Eventually the insurance firms legal section tracked her down, but I`d phoned her a couple of times too on her mobile, which may have helped.

IMHO you probably won't get any joy.

If the car is un insured odds are its probably not registered to the correct address. No policeman on here will be able to help but as said report it.

Mobile wise depends if its pay as you go or contract but I'd not like your chances he's given you the right number

I know of quite a few police officers who have lost their jobs for doing what you have asked.

However if you go to the station and report the offences then they will investigate it and do the work for you.

Harry

My son got punted up the rear end in Leicestershire. By coincidence the kid who did it lived in Norfolk as we do.

They exchanged details and we found out a few days later that the kid has no licence, insurance or MOT.

We reported it to Leicestershire Police and to Norfolk Police as the kid was back driving around Norfolk. My son did have an independent witness.

Leicestershire did eventually prosecute him and he never turned up for Court. The last we heard was that they had a warrant out for his arrest. They didn't have the manners to let us know if the matter ever progressed. :lol:

Norfolk pigs didn't want to know. I was told in King's Lynn Police Station that they were too busy to try to catch people for that type of driving offence. I always thought no Insurance, Licence or MOT was quite serious.

Lazy, fat useless, pie eating wastes of space that I have to pay taxes for :mad:

My Sis in law had the side of her car stoved in and nearly killed on the M60 right under the nose of a cctv camera. The police refused point blank to check the footage to trace the driver,they prefer to use cctv to trace your honest working types doing 80 mph for the revenue. Dont expect too much mate.

If the accident is reported to both Police and Insurance then the insurance legal team will track down if they have insurance and go direct to them (all insurance details are on a computer in the sky) even if they have moved no admission of liability or not means their insurance company ill pay out.

If they are not insured your company should pay out and you should be no worse off (the uninsured drivers pot)

The details will then be entered on the PNC and ANPR systems as no insurance so when any traffic car passes that registration it will set off an alarm in the car alerting that there is no insurance / tax / mot/ DD and the like.

PS, my bumper got cracked by the boss reversing into it .... £800 to fix. so you may want to let the insurance deal with it (unless you can live with a crack in your bumper)