WIND 40 MPH

Highlander

Out early this morning just to look 'cause with this weather there's no way you could put up a hide and a decoy setup without it ending up on the sarf coast. Flighting the roost tonight should be a belter though. Last evening the birds were coming home stuffed full to bursting point with rape and maize, not seen too much of that lately but they must have known this weather was on it's way. Huge numbers of birds here at the moment so somethings gotta give!

Supposed to go after pheasants tomorrow, but I reckon I'll skip it and wait til saturday and hit the pigeons instead !!!!!

Minimum flocks of pigeons around here at the moment (hitting the rape) are around 50, but the bigger ones are well over my ability to guess and I can estimate them up to about 300. others around here tell me that they have seen flocks of 1.000 birds and more. I believe this as I have seen a "cloud" of birds a few days ago ! :good::lol::lol:

I am working on getting my first "half century" for one session , someone out there keep your fingers crossed for me :yay:

:lol::lol::beer:

Supposed to go after pheasants tomorrow, but I reckon I'll skip it and wait til saturday and hit the pigeons instead !!!!!

Minimum flocks of pigeons around here at the moment (hitting the rape) are around 50, but the bigger ones are well over my ability to guess and I can estimate them up to about 300. others around here tell me that they have seen flocks of 1.000 birds and more. I believe this as I have seen a "cloud" of birds a few days ago ! :unsure: :good::good:

I am working on getting my first "half century" for one session , someone out there keep your fingers crossed for me ???

:lol::lol::lol:

Do both mate, I am, pheasants will be difficult in the gale force wind, get in some practise for the pigeons on Saturday.

Good luck on getting your first five O.

Butch

Hopefully it will continue so I can have a bash on Saturday afternoon, work permitting of course. I have got access to a old womans garden as they keep landing in her fir trees and she would like me to scare them off :unsure: She must have heard about my shooting abilities :good:

LB

Minimum flocks of pigeons around here at the moment (hitting the rape) are around 50, but the bigger ones are well over my ability to guess and I can estimate them up to about 300. others around here tell me that they have seen flocks of 1.000 birds and more. I believe this as I have seen a "cloud" of birds a few days ago ! :huh::mad::lol:

I am working on getting my first "half century" for one session , someone out there keep your fingers crossed for me :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Been on our last game day today in the midlands, and by god were they going. High pheasants and partridges like cruise missiles! Hit some cracking high birds going back with the wind as a walking gun, then shot like a numpty when standing. Just thawing out. Pigeon time now!!!

I am pig sick, last few weeks during the game season, there where 1.000's of pigeons, right now when I can go out nearly every day they come in at one or two an hour (they definately started pairing up already), high, out of reach and most of the time is spent twiddling my thumbs !!! Still better than sitting in the house doing DIY :lol::lol::lol: