100 caps.

Cranfield

I know that he may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think it will be a scandal if Beckham isn't allowed to get his 100th England cap.

How easy would it have been to let him come on as a second half substitute in a friendly against Switzerland and what a nice gesture.

If Capello thinks this makes him look like "his own man" as the newspapers today suggest, I think it makes him look petty.

bit of a damned if he does slated if he doesn't scenario for Capello

our press will have a field day whatever he chose

Beckham was the best player on the field against Croatia which should merit something

for what it's worth playing Beckham for the last 20 mins wouldn't hurt, not as if we have much to lose

They should have him on for the last 15 mins for a set piece or two - good crowd pleaser and good lift for the game.

Agreed, it's petty and certainly not a crowd pleaser.

Absolutely agreed.

Michael Carrick is easily a worse player.

One good thing Capello has done though, no Lampard, thank ****

Edited by BSA Shaun

He'll be back at some point, just wait and see.

On another note he went into Gap Kids where I work a couple of weeks ago with his kids and a couple of minders. You've never seen a crowd grow so fast as people tried to catch a glimpse and take photo's on their mobiles.

Now I know he relishes the media and publicity he gets and uses it to his advantage but there is no way I could handle that everywhere I went. Can't help but respect the guy.