Trail Camera in the UK

Dean k

Guest rabgoat
Price $219, delivery $50. Ordered direct from Cabelas, see link on page 1 and click on "Trail cameras". Gives you a lot of choice

I only ever pay $20 dollars for the post,,international surface,,comes in 2 weeks,,

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Price $219, delivery $50. Ordered direct from Cabelas, see link on page 1 and click on "Trail cameras". Gives you a lot of choice

I only ever pay $20 dollars for the post,,international surface,,comes in 2 weeks,,

All depends on how much the items you are buying, approx 20% postage is the norm for Cabelas even as a "Gift"

From Cabelas Web site:- "All other countries

Surface shipping and handling is 20% of the total order amount or a minimum of $15.00.

Air delivery is 40% of the total order amount or a minimum of $35.00.

All orders must be paid in U.S. funds by international money order or by credit card. Exchange rates are automatically calculated on credit card orders.

The recipient is responsible for all duties, taxes and Customs fees. Please contact your local Customs office for an estimate of these fees.

Packages over 42" (106 cm) in length cannot ship via Surface.

Shipping alternatives vary by country. Call for details. 1-800-237-4444 (U.S. & Canada) or 1-308-234-5555 (International)

Edited by wy111

Took me a little longer this time to find the good shots had it in the wood. The rats and squirrels had the photo count upto 1306 in only 3 days!!

I put 2 shot squirells in the frame to see what would happen to them, results below.

The local buzzard took a fancy to some vermin as well ???

post-9305-1203600968.jpg

post-9305-1203600976.jpg

(bird in right side of frame of the below picture, sun in lens!!)

post-9305-1203600987.jpg

And the next picture reminds me to wash my hands after filling my hoppers before I eat my lunch :drinks:

post-9305-1203601110.jpg

The badgers seem to be all over the shoot and get everywhere :drinks:

post-9305-1203600866.jpg

Badgers see's the squirrel staked down and then!

post-9305-1203600897.jpg

I can only assume as the mesh/stake has been moved and little time has passed between shots that it was badger dinner!!

Even had a visit from a cat, never seen that around before.

post-9305-1203601198.jpg

Have moved the camera again and can't wait to see what's around the pen.

I just really want to catch a mink and will have all species I set the camera for, any ideas on bait for Mink and best areas apart from the obvious!!

Dean

Excellent pictures, well done.

We have a problem in our syndicate woods with unknown persons causing damage to feeders and pens. We would obviously like to be able to identify the culprits.

Will the camera operate without flash?

We dont think that they are coming in complete darkness.

I would not want the camera to flash, thus giving away its position, and rendering it subject to damage or theft.

Ideas, comments and suggestions welcome from those with experience of this devise.

webber

Great pictures again dean :good: ,,what type of batteries are you using,,have you had to change them yet,,

They are just normal duracell "d" batteries, they have taken approx 1000 daytime and 450 night (flash) pictures and still seem ok. Just need to try and get rid of the remaining squirrels that made the camera take approx 900 shots of them alone in 3 days :lol:

We have a problem in our syndicate woods with unknown persons causing damage to feeders and pens. We would obviously like to be able to identify the culprits.

I would not want the camera to flash, thus giving away its position, and rendering it subject to damage or theft.

Ideas, comments and suggestions welcome from those with experience of this devise.

webber

I think you should just get the IR flash camera that are out there, maybe even from a security site in the uk to make it cheap. You would spot this camera due to it's size if you were even half looking for it!!

Glad you are all enjoying the pictures, any ideas of what bait to put out for Mink?? Really want to get one on film and then in my sights :lol:

Guest rabgoat

thanks dean :good: ,,what about tuna fish for the mink,,get the cheap tins in tescos,,i was fishing one time and had some mackerel tails go missing,then we spotted the we ****** coming up from under the bank to nick them,,black widows and ball bearings sorted him out,

Kipper mate!

Sorry Millomite when I read that I had forgot the question I had also asked and thought it was a good comment about the photos in a "local" word that I was not familiar with!!

How stupid am I, will try both and lets hope we get some pictures :good:

Highseas - Not sure you would have to rally support and get an email to them?? Would you be able to save shipping by buying a few together??

Dean

Talking of bait for mink. I'm sure kippers, sardines and so on are good, but I always, and often successfully, use dried fish intended as snacks for cats and dogs. If placed in a dry place (like inside a trap) it keeps without rotting and smells lovely for weeks - at least if you are a mink or fox.

webber

Just FYI.

The Moultrie Gamespy i60 I got will not flash, it operates using IR. I don't know if this applies to all trail cams but the IR gives off a gentle glow when the IR is on, so it's not entirely invisible. It also makes a slight audible click taking the photo.

I have set the camera next to the river that runs throught the shoot, mackrell fillets baited and ready to go!!

Hopefully might get the resident kingfisher also as the branch near looks used??

Come on mink, get in the frame :rolleyes:. Will pick the pictures up on Monday afternoon, hopefully post some good ones :unsure:

Rabgoat - I like the camo idea, not sure if it could be sprayed and painted??

Dean

Well folks this is the end of this thread for a while :good:

I went this afternoon to pick up the pictures, turned off the camera and removed the SD card as normal. Then after putting the SD card back in tried to turn it on, nothing happened so checked batteries and tried again.

Waited 30 seconds and then in a "James Bond" style smoke poured from the housing, I quickly removed the power source and on inspection it has burned out some wiring inside :yes:

I don't know why and I am gutted, only had it in the field for 10 days and after some of the pictures I have so much more to do with it!!

Will take it to my local TV repair shop who do circuit electrical stuff and hopefully repair it and get back posting great country pictures again <_<

Dean