CPSA Scores

Stu S

I have been waiting very patiently to see one of my scores on the website, but to date it still has not arrived!

The event was on the 10th Feb, at Mid Norfolk SG and was 100 ESP reg.

I wouldn't normally mind, but when you consider that the scores from the same place and same type of event from this Sunday just gone (24th Feb) are up there already.

How the hell have they managed that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Sorry, rant over!!! :good::)

Stu

The whole CPSA scores system is lame, however it could be they didn't send them to HQ or HQ screwed up somehow.

With the price of laptops these days and the fact that at least one person responsible for any registered shoot should have broadband there's no reason for the scores to not be entered and displayed on the CPSA site the same evening.

God knows we pay enough extra for registered birds and membership fees for this system

Hi Stu, You will find this quite common in all british industry as well? :blink:

If we were GERMAN! this would have all been sorted out with great efficiently, but true to being british someone either has never done

Anything wrong, or blames it on someone else.............but you will never find out what happened.

Oh, and if you would like to borrow some of my blood pressure tablets you can??? ;):P:lol::wub: :wub: :wub: :o ;)

Stu,

They have an "Outstanding Scores" section that lists grounds that are overdue on returns, and it's not listed there, give HQ a ring, they're normally pretty helpful.

Cat.

I'm not that bothered that I have to call them up!

I just find it odd that there are elements of the CPSA that are somewhat lacking in promptness, and this has been highlighted by the fact that the more recent score from the same ground has been placed on quicker than the previous one!

Another for instance, I emailed the Suffolk division chap, via his email shown on the suffolk regional page, around mid-january and have still not had a response! (They also have the same news and fixtures pages up from 2007, with no updates for this year, or indeed since the Suffolk champs last year!

Just find it odd, thats all!

Stu

wooohoooo!

It's finally made it up on the site!

Quite shocked really, I hadn't realised I finished up with a higher score than some of the top guys, very very impresed with myself there, now I just need to do it consistently!

Stu

Well, there we are, I said it would arrive eventually..!!

You must understand, however, the fundamental difference between the CPSA staff at Bisley, (who are salaried employees, like you and I..??), and the members of the Suffolk CPSA committee, who do it for the love of the sport and generally receive nothing but aggro for their efforts.

It's wrong to tar them both with the same brush.

Cat.

don't blame the messenger...

The CPSA website is really just the messenger. The CPSA provides grounds with software to mange shoots, record scores and upload them directly onto the CPSA system.

If your scores are late, or incorrect, moan to the ground, not at the CPSA.

Clayman

don't blame the messenger...

The CPSA website is really just the messenger. The CPSA provides grounds with software to mange shoots, record scores and upload them directly onto the CPSA system.

If your scores are late, or incorrect, moan to the ground, not at the CPSA.

Clayman

Hmmmmm,

Not too sure about that JPY, there have been many hiccups in the CPSA staffing at HQ that have resulted in scores not being properly recorded on time.

Cat.

P.S. - How much did you pay for that low CPSA membership number..??

Nope , don't blame the staff at HQ as they don't touch the scores going into the system.

Grounds used to be able to send them in on bits of paper / emails etc and the staff would input them manually, creating delays and errors through double handling. Since 2006, only direct uploads are accepted. If they are not there or wrong, its not HQ staff's fault.

Jerry

( £100 by the way)

According to the CPSA rules, When reaching the age of 60, you become a vet!

Fair enough, but it also says that you keep your lettered classification.

Does this mean you can be in two classes at the same time? ie. Win your lettered class, and win the vet class? :o

Does anyone have experience of this personally, or could Clayman clarify.

Thanks.

Pirate: